Walking to Work

Options
Hi All,

Just a question, I walk to work in the mornings, about 15 minutes each way so 30 mins in total. Would you count this as part of your excercise every day? I feel like I'm kind of cheating seeing it adding up in my weekly total for excercise!

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Any exercise counts. The real question is how quickly are you walking? If you are walking slowly, then you aren't really burning many calories, but if you are consistently walking at a brisk pace then it will get your heart rate up and you will burn some calories.
  • jesscro
    jesscro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Walking at a brisk pace, and a couple of hills involved as well so my heart rate is defintely up by the time I get to work/get home. I think I might still leave it out of my excercise diary though, it brings my total up too much!! Thanks for replies!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I do. My walk is about 2 miles round trip. I have my activity level set to sedentary, as I sit on my @$$ all day at work.
    So you could either use the "lightly active" activity level, or count the walk every day. I wouldn't do both.
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I count my 20 min walk to work as exercise. But, I've set my activity level to sedentary so I don't feel like I'm double counting. It has worked for me so far.