Looking for some pork chop ideas

Options
I have some thick, boneless center cut pork chops and I need some ideas. I've done shake and bake. I've used a spicy pork rub already.
I need some fresh new receipes!
Thanks!

Replies

• kbrunner2
    kbrunner2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I made some last night that were pretty good. I browned them in a little olive oil then put in a 9 x 13 pan and poured black bean and corn salsa over the top. Baked them covered with aluminum foil at 350 for about 40 minutes. Mine were very thick. They turned out Great!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Use Honey Mustard. When your frying them up in a pan, put some honey mustard and lemon juice in the pan with them (kind of coat them with the mustard), as you cook it will reduce into almost a sticky sauce, then you can also use the remaining sauce to dip off to the side.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Brown in olive oil, pour 1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup over and let simmer.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    BBQ seasoning and grill. Brush with BBQ sauce while grilling. SO GOOD! I always serve mine with a sweet potato and salad.
  • cindymartens
    cindymartens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like mine cooked with Sauerkraut. Put them in a crock pot and cover them with the sauerkraut. Let them cook on low all afternoon. Even if you don't like sauerkraut you can take that off before you eat. It just adds flavor to the pork chops. The pork chops turn out very juicy and tender.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also made some last night........... browned onions and garlic in pan with some white wine, "almost" brown both sides in pan......... transferred porkchops into oven safe pan coated with white wine (riesling). add a little oj to pan with onions and garlic ( i had to substitute with sunny d lol) and regular kraft bbq sauce heat ajnd pour over chops bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Wrap them in Parma ham and serve with lots of vegatables :-)
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mince some onions and asparagus, sautee for 5 minutes. Add to mixture of goat cheese, parmesan, S&P, garlic.

Make a slit in your chop, stuff with the aparagus goat cheese, sear on each side then finish off in the oven.

I'm making this tomorrow :drinker:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Put some pork chops into a casserole. I made one along these lines last week.

1 onion
    1 garlic clove
    1 can tomatoes
    2 sweet potatoes (chopped into cubes)
    1 dessert apple
    500g cubed pork shoulder
    1 tsp allspice
    1tsp cinnamon

Basically saute your onion and garlic then add everything else, cook until the fruit and potatoes are soft and the meat is done. I did it in my slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours.

xx
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    This is how I usually do them. Very easy & so good!

Preheat the oven at 350 F
    Put the pork chops on a plate (the must not be pilled up, but besides one another)
    On each of the pork chops, put 1tbsp of ketchup, 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1tbsp of soy sauce.
    Add 1/2 cup of water (do not pour the water on the chops but in between them)
    Put in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Delicious!!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    This isn't very healthy, but it tastes so good and your entire house will smell great!!

Fry the chops just to get a little color on them, than simmer on med heat with 2 cans of tomato soup and some onions and green peppers. Simmer for 45-60 mins. Serve over brown or white rice. Meat will just fall apart with a fork and tastes so good!
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like to do mine grilled with a sage rub and served with baked sweet potato mash, onion gravy and greens.
  • onek9lover
    Options
    1. marinate in olive oil, lemon juice and oregano and then grill or bake a few hour later or the next day.

2. throw in a crock pot, add bbq sauce and just barely top with water... cook all day on high (4-6 hours) then shred with a fork - for pulled pork

3. throw in a crock pot, add applesauce, cinnamon and onions... cook all day (4-6 hours) and enjoy
  • angelapolite
    Options
    This isn't very healthy, but it tastes so good and your entire house will smell great!!

Fry the chops just to get a little color on them, than simmer on med heat with 2 cans of tomato soup and some onions and green peppers. Simmer for 45-60 mins. Serve over brown or white rice. Meat will just fall apart with a fork and tastes so good!

That sounds awesome!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I like mine cooked with Sauerkraut. Put them in a crock pot and cover them with the sauerkraut. Let them cook on low all afternoon. Even if you don't like sauerkraut you can take that off before you eat. It just adds flavor to the pork chops. The pork chops turn out very juicy and tender.

I don't sauerkraut, but this seems interesting!
    Thanks
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like to cook mine in zesty Italian dressing and then eat them with cottage cheese and peppy pasta salad
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I made some last night that were pretty good. I browned them in a little olive oil then put in a 9 x 13 pan and poured black bean and corn salsa over the top. Baked them covered with aluminum foil at 350 for about 40 minutes. Mine were very thick. They turned out Great!

I always have salsa in the house, I never thought to try it with meat. Great idea!

Thanks!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It is funny that you post this...I was looking for a quick and easy recipe for pork chops and I just found a great one. I am all for quick and easy.

Mushroom-Garlic Pork Chops

4 pork chops
    1 can of Cambell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup
    1/2 cup of milk

I am going to bake the pork chops until browned on both sides and then pour sauce over them and let simmer in oven and VOILA!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Use Honey Mustard. When your frying them up in a pan, put some honey mustard and lemon juice in the pan with them (kind of coat them with the mustard), as you cook it will reduce into almost a sticky sauce, then you can also use the remaining sauce to dip off to the side.

Love it!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    marinate in soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. pan sear them and then put onions, green peppers and mushrooms in the pan.