1200 Calories - Struggeling

2»

Replies

• mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Stuck at 161 myself for over a month. I had the exact same issue. This past weekend I read an article about your glucose levels and how mixing the right foods can actual help you lose weight. I made a list of the low and moderate foods to keep your blood sugar in line then paired them up for my meals. The first day I lost a pound! I was not hungry at all because I ate something every 2 hours. You can find any information about this on the web as well as list of foods in each category. It might not work for everyone, but it worked for me!
  • Have you tried changing your exercise routine? Apparently as you get used to the exercise, your body burns less calories doing it. I was stuck for a few weeks and I swapped my spin classes for body combat and it got my scales moving down again. I felt the difference right away as I wasn't feeling knackered at the end of spin but felt truly beaten up at the end of combat when I took it up again. I also try and fit a wee half hour run in before my class - it gives me an extra 200 - 300 to play with!

Lxx
  • tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    thanks so much for you tips,

I never thought to check labels against MFP i just thought it would be right, also sometimes I try and over estimate, like the portion size and things, so maybe i am not eating enough.

Tho how dose it work with people that dont eat and they are skinny? Its confusing.

Going to try swaping the oatcakes for ryvita, I was swaping bread for oatcakes as thought that would be better.

thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • tiggerdug
    tiggerdug Posts: 67 Member
    when i go the gym I do a difrent cardio machine on a diffrent program. They do classes but ive only been once, found it a bit scary as wasnt sure what i was doing!

But think i just need to push myself.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Hey, I find it really easy to stick to 1200 (and I have 50 pounds more to lose!) have a look at my diary for ideas. Have coffee and fruit for breakfast, something filling but low cal for lunch and a nice dinner

I don't have time for gym either, I work full time, but can you manage 20 mins in the evenings? 20 mins of Zumba on the wii will earn you about 250 cal (well that's intermediate, but beginner isn't much less)

You can do it, make it work
    x
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    when i was focusing last year i found i had to eat stuff (like a bowl of cereal or some biscuits) at the end of the day to get above 1200! feel free to check my diary from around october/november. at work it's much easier - i have soup at lunch and then space out an alpen bar (63 cals and tastes of chocolate) and rice cakes (taste like crisps), and i haven't had carbs (as in pasta/rice etc) for dinner for ages.
    i also did excercise dvds at home for 20 mins or so around 3 times a week, i hate the gym!

hope you find something that works, being stuck on a level sucks.
  • abc123lalala96
    abc123lalala96 Posts: 2 Member
    On the other hand, I'm struggling to make the goal of 1200 calories and barely reaching 800 calories. Apparently, this is too low... What do I do? :ohwell:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    BloggerBanner5.jpg