dieter on a budget looking for a few specific excersises

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Also, search 'zwow' on Youtube. Zuzana light has some great exercises.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sparkpeople.com has great excercises and tips. also livestrong.com -- one of them actually shows you a little paper person doing the movement. very helpful
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    Does Fort Hood have any military spouse gym or fitness center that you could use?

yes they do, alot of them, and free zumba classes, however we live about 25 minutes off post and drive a tahoe suv, so everytime i tell the hubby i want to do it he *****es about having enough gas to get to work...very frustrating...
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Here's a workout that our trainer sent out as an at-home challenge:

Complete this circuit three times, spend 45 seconds on each exercise, no rest between exercises.

1) Step ups on your bottom step
    2) Pushups
    3) Jumping Jacks
    4) Squats
    5) Stairs - all the way to the top and back down
    6) Crunches
    7) Mtn Climbers - hands on chair or coffee table and move legs back and forth in jumping motion
    8) Dips
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    Do core exercises like Plank and Side Plank and the easier they get then switch it up with toe raises or on one foot or add a wiggle or twist to the side plank or lift one leg. Mix it up but keep good form.
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Hey Honey! Good luck on your workout journey! It looks like you have been so very creative already. Here's a full body circuit that should hit every body part, and GUESS WHAT!!! YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A GYM! (you can google each exercise for proper form)

1. Body Squats 3x10 (Squats will become your friend girlfriend! They are one of the best exercises that are excellent for toning and tightening up that booty, those hips, n thighs, quads, calves, hamstrings, shoulders, and GUESS WHAT ELSE...YOUR ABS!!!)

**squat and press****if you want to hit several areas at once, grab that vodka bottle and squat with it, then once you stand up, press your arms to the ceiling. i would suggest a gallon jug, adding water to it to increase the weight as you get stronger. (this also good for working your chest muscles)

2. Push Ups 3x 10 (So what if you do them like a girl, just DO THEM. Tone those arms and chest doing this old fashioned exercise, and once you are strong enough, do them "man style" propping your feet up on the fire place :-)).

3. Bear Crawls 3x 10 (These will well if you have a hallway--just get on all fours, keeping booty out of the air, and using your core to help you crawl to the end of the hall and back).

4. Jumping Jacks 3 x 20 (if you want a really good burn, instead of kicking your feet out to the side, do high knee steps instead)

5. Dips 3x 10 (using your body weight and a chair)

Do these as a quick circuit, and not only will you be able to start toning those muscles, but it will increase the burn since it will feel like a cardio session. (all in addition to your current running workouts)

This is just a start my friend. You already know dieting is the KEY! dOENSN'T MATTER WHAT THE CAR LOOKS LIKE IF THE ENGINE ISNT TAKEN CARE OF RIGHT!!???

bLESSINGS TO YOU AND I HOPE THIS HELPS.

FRIEND ME

Ditto the above response! I can't stress push ups enough - one of the best exercises for chest, arms, back and core. And if you need to modify them my going on your knees - no problem! Go for it! Better to do them correctly, with good form, and build strength over time.

I would highly recommend adding core work outs, too. Many of the core exercises will strengthin and tone much more than just your belly... they also work on your back, obliques, butt, and even arms and legs (depending on the exercise).

Some that I use are:
    1. Plank (hold for as long as you can to maintain good form).
    2. Side plank
    3. Bicycle
    4. Bird Dog

There's a guy on YouTube... he has a lot of great stuff that requires no equipment. I think his name is Andy McD.....l?? I'll look it up and get back to you! :)
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    Hey Honey! Good luck on your workout journey! It looks like you have been so very creative already. Here's a full body circuit that should hit every body part, and GUESS WHAT!!! YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A GYM! (you can google each exercise for proper form)

1. Body Squats 3x10 (Squats will become your friend girlfriend! They are one of the best exercises that are excellent for toning and tightening up that booty, those hips, n thighs, quads, calves, hamstrings, shoulders, and GUESS WHAT ELSE...YOUR ABS!!!)

**squat and press****if you want to hit several areas at once, grab that vodka bottle and squat with it, then once you stand up, press your arms to the ceiling. i would suggest a gallon jug, adding water to it to increase the weight as you get stronger. (this also good for working your chest muscles)

2. Push Ups 3x 10 (So what if you do them like a girl, just DO THEM. Tone those arms and chest doing this old fashioned exercise, and once you are strong enough, do them "man style" propping your feet up on the fire place :-)).

3. Bear Crawls 3x 10 (These will well if you have a hallway--just get on all fours, keeping booty out of the air, and using your core to help you crawl to the end of the hall and back).

4. Jumping Jacks 3 x 20 (if you want a really good burn, instead of kicking your feet out to the side, do high knee steps instead)

5. Dips 3x 10 (using your body weight and a chair)

Do these as a quick circuit, and not only will you be able to start toning those muscles, but it will increase the burn since it will feel like a cardio session. (all in addition to your current running workouts)

This is just a start my friend. You already know dieting is the KEY! dOENSN'T MATTER WHAT THE CAR LOOKS LIKE IF THE ENGINE ISNT TAKEN CARE OF RIGHT!!???

bLESSINGS TO YOU AND I HOPE THIS HELPS.

FRIEND ME

This is great!! I'm going to do this as well!!!

i think im in love with you LMAO
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    Thanks to EVERYONE for the suggestions im going to try EVERYTHING!!! im actually really excited!!!!
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bumpin! Great suggestions thus far! Hoping to implement some of them myself!
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I follow the free program at www.exercise.com, I haven't been to a gym once, just these daily routines. It's a different video each day so you don't get bored.:smile:
  • jmaffett
    Options
    Check out your local library, as well as you tube channels. Or even amazon fromprivate sellers for a specific dvd. Target had 30 day shred on clearnace last week. Yours may still have them.

^^^^ That ^^^^

There are always exercise videos at the library - and no one seems to use them!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You can find workout videos online for free - like the 30 Day Shred & whatnot.

i wasn't aware of that! Thats great!

You dont mean through a bittorrent site, do you? :noway:

*cough*
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options

No. It is on youtube and put out by the makers of the videos. It is the 1st level of them so you can try them.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Like someone else mentioned, if you have Netflix streaming (@ $8 a month) they have a lot of different exercise videos...I like the ones that are 10 minutes long- they usually have 5 workouts per video that you can pick and choose which ones to do, so you can do as many or as few as you want at a time. That way you don't get bored!
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Self.com has TONS of free workout videos that come with a free online membership. No illegal pirating required :happy:

Pushups are really good for that "lift" you were asking about as well. Happy toning!:flowerforyou:
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Here are those videos... his You Tube Channel is "andymcd23." Some of it's advanced - but you can pick and choose what you want. He has a lot of videos... but the ones I liked are:

1. Free Workout: http://youtu.be/hPSt-xY6sbw (this one is my "second" favorite)

2. Total Body Exercise Ideas: http://youtu.be/kck8Qu699tA (this one uses dumbells)

3. Exercises Without Weights: http://youtu.be/_UEjUQRKOKk (this one is way advanced for me... but took some ideas from it.)

4. Core Exercises Without Equipment: http://youtu.be/EaYeGviEzT8 (this one is actually my favorite!)

Enjoy!!!
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you can manage to save a few dollars here and there try going to garage sales and thrift stores for excercise equipment and videos. You'd be surprised at what you can get. My sister in law just picked up a $1500 treadmill for $50. People get gung ho and then the equipment becomes clothes hangers, so they just want it gone. Also if you have a Ross store nearby they always have great deals. I got the Jillian Michael's mat and weights that go with 30 day shred for $8.
  • heavenlyhazel
    heavenlyhazel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks everyone! Anyone know things that are safe to do with a bum knee? I hurt it the other day while trying a cardio DVD and now it is driving me crazy! I am going to get the doctor to x-ray it soon as I am really concerned about it (it pops, crunches, and make weird noises).
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can check workout DVDs out of the public library for free! It also enables you to get some nice variety since you can switch it up easily. Just keep track of the due dates to avoid fines (or maybe that's just me :-) ).
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    http://www.prevention.com/twoweekturnaround/#/Fitness-Body by Design-Total Body Toning-Two Week Turnaround Tool- Day 0 Overview

this is a two week program you can do!! You will definitely see results. This will kick start you into working out. You will not be disappointed.