Interesting Article on Weight Loss & Weight Loss Simulator f

Just saw an article on this and found this link. The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) website is one of my favorite for school and personal as well. Check out this link for a VERY COOL Weight Loss Calculator.
bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov

Here is a link for the article as well. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2103931/Why-losing-weight-twice-hard-think--slows-metabolism.html

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    bump
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    bump

I agree Lizzy, this is so important and interesting! Have a great day my Friend! <3 your support!! :flowerforyou:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    it doesnt let me modify bodyfat%.... it tells me i will be 20% bodyfat at 170lbs.... , i am sub 20% right now... at 195. they should let you modify fat. otherwise not accurate.

Does not account for lean mass.
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    bump
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Interesting. Thanks for passing this on :)
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    it doesnt let me modify bodyfat%.... it tells me i will be 20% bodyfat at 170lbs.... , i am sub 20% right now... at 195. they should let you modify fat. otherwise not accurate.

There is an email address for a contact that helped develop it. Email him and let him know. I said it was Cool, not perfect.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    There is an email address for a contact that helped develop it. Email him and let him know. I said it was Cool, not perfect.

its really good actually. Also MFP accounts for weight. So when you put lower weight it will put you at lower calories/day. So no worries about MFP.

Actually very great program. It lets you visualize your weightloss.
    However weightloss is never that linear. it will never be linear. However the weight goal should be somewhat accurate.
  • it doesnt let me modify bodyfat%.... it tells me i will be 20% bodyfat at 170lbs.... , i am sub 20% right now... at 195. they should let you modify fat. otherwise not accurate.

you can change your body fat, you just have to press advanced controls at the right and bellow the 'initial body fat % ' press input :)
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Yep tried it earlier - thot is was cool too! Not sure how accurate though!