My libido left me with my lbs

Options

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! My hair took off 10 years ago with my butt and I haven't seen either one of them since!
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Mine has increased since losing weight (or really I think the exercise is doing it). I'd say bulk up your calories, get lots of sleep, take some vitamins and don't put pressure on yourself. Sometimes our bodies can act strangely. I know this isn't your situation, but when my son was born and I first began breastfeeding I lost ALL interest. I was so upset about losing interest that then it became more awful. It is sorta like worrying over the clock when you are trying to sleep... pressure and tension rise and then you can't sleep at all.

Good luck to you? Also -- check any medications you may be on (even supplements or herbs) that can impact libido as well.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have the total opposite, the more I lose, the more I want to be nekid. lmao I hope your libido comes back ASAP! After so many years without one, I certainly know what your missing!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    It's a sign of overtraining. Not sure about women but for men, the libido should increase since proper training will result in an increase in testosterone.

I wonder if 6 days per week in the gym counts as overtraining?

Depends on the intensity :laugh:
    But the correlation factor i've been able to draw out is people motivated enough to train 6 days/ week don't consider resting enough - I used to train around 12-14 hours/ week, back there I thought it was a cool rythm. So there is no rule - as always :)
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's a sign of overtraining. Not sure about women but for men, the libido should increase since proper training will result in an increase in testosterone.

I wonder if 6 days per week in the gym counts as overtraining?

It could be...from what I've read and been told, 5 days/week is a good amount of exercise. Your body/muscles needs time to re-cooperate. If it isn't getting this time, it can case injury...And maybe a libido decrease?
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Complete opposite. My libido has become quite active which in my circumstances is very frustrating.
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    I agree with many of the folks in that as I continue to workout and get in shape, my libido gets stronger and stronger.....
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It just varies in general...the human body has a lot of variables...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    after only 2 kg? I suggest there may be another reason.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Maca
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Check your testosterone levels...Women never think about this, but you could be low.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Get your testosterone levels checked.....just a simple blood test :)
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Nope - just the opposite here, sorry.

You don't have to :laugh:

Normally exercising helps the endorphins to be higher and libido follows... Unless you are way to tired when the time comes.
    On my side, the better shape I am, the slimmer, the hornier.

Your problem, I would consult a physician to make sure you are all good.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Oh God I wish this would happen to me. I remember when me and an ex split I spent constant amounts of time at the gym to get out my 'energy'. but it didn't really help either :P
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    2 since I started there - before that - within few months, from 195 to 150
    Now I'm at 143 ;)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    tumblr_liuck7m66o1qzaxefo1_500.png

First of all, not many people on here are going to be able to relate to this. Going from obese to normal weight -->increase in libido. Going from normal to ripped --->possible decrease in libido.

Looking at your photos, you're around 8% bodyfat at most. Having that low bodfat can decrease testosterone output for some males. Also, being in a calorie deficit for a long period of time can mess with your testosterone production. Getting as ripped as you are is no different than starving to death, as far as your body is concerned. Your body isn't going to put many resources into reproduction when it thinks it's starving to death.

I personally dealt with this as well. It's not a loss in sexual function, more like a decrease interest. The good news is, when you raise calories, your libido will come back. It looks like you're bulking now, and you're keeping your fat intake high, so you're doing well. Speaking from personal expereince, give it a few weeks and you'll be fine.
    well, this confirms that my target fat is 12%, i seen guys targeting single digits which I think it should only be done with other practical reasons like modelling, photo shots, i heard about arguments that such low body fat is no longer healthy. for athletic performance i think 12% for male is perfect enough.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    nope - missed - I'm at 5,6 % of BF right now, so even less :laugh:

I should measure my testos levels - good idea. Well what is cool is since it's missing I don't miss it - like craving on junk food :laugh:
    What sux will be the day I'll need to work on my legacy, what will I say to the mom ? :indifferent:
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    Tom Venuto explained it like this if I understand him correctly. If you try to lose too much fat, ie: "get ripped", your body begins to concern itself more with self-preservation than reproduction. Why would the body want to reproduce when it is "thinking" these is a decrease in the available food supply? Your caloric deficit has the body concerned about getting enought to eat for itself before it go about the function of bringing more people into the world. Hence, people who lose excess fat see an increase in their libido while those who lose too much start to see a decrease.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Strange....since I've been losing lbs. my libido has made a dramatic reappearance in my life. Unplanned and unexpected but very welcome!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroidism and Sexual Health

Patients suffering with abnormally slow thyroid function know that this disorder can sometimes make even the simplest tasks of everyday life feel like an impossible struggle. Depression, fatigue, low energy, weight gain, lethargy, and exhaustion are facts of life for many hypothyroid patients.

Today, awareness about thyroid health issues is at an all-time high, so it’s easier than ever before for patients with hyperthyroidism to seek out valuable information about many of the symptoms that they face. However, the sensitive issue of sexual health is often not as readily and widely discussed.

The reality is that sexual problems are a common side effect of hypothyroidism. Specifically, many patients with hypothyroidism report having difficulty achieving and maintaining arousal. Researchers believe that these symptoms are attributable to the overall slowdown of the metabolism that hypothyroidism causes.

:sad: