Small step for some, Giant leap for me

Options
czewwhat
czewwhat Posts: 8,715
I just got back from a 30 minute bicycle ride, I'm all sweaty and don't really believe I did it. It has been years since I rode a bike. My legs are all shakey and my heart is pounding. I am proud that I did it. Just wanted to share. Gaining this extra weight was easier than loosing it is going to be, but I am determined.

Replies

• czewwhat
    Options
    I just got back from a 30 minute bicycle ride, I'm all sweaty and don't really believe I did it. It has been years since I rode a bike. My legs are all shakey and my heart is pounding. I am proud that I did it. Just wanted to share. Gaining this extra weight was easier than loosing it is going to be, but I am determined.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    WTG - GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE POSITIVE ATTITUDE
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Yea!!!! That is fantastic!!
  • ginaoakes
    ginaoakes Posts: 84
    Options
    That is EXCELLENT !! As your body gets used to the physical activity it does get A LOT easier. Keep it up and when you start seeing results in endurance and weight loss it is so exciting :happy:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Yahoo. You did it and in no time you'll think nothing of jumping on your bike! Good for you. You must feel very proud :smile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    It's good to try something new & find new enjoyment.
    :flowerforyou:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! Bicycling is the greatest, especially with nice weather coming. My husband and I take a bike ride every evening after supper. It's relaxing and enjoyable. Keep up the good work. You're right, it is a change in the way you live. I am trying to undo old, bad eating habits and form new ones that will last the rest of my life. Have a good weekend!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    YAY MOMMA!!!!!!!

Good job- how far did you go?
  • czewwhat
    Options
    YAY MOMMA!!!!!!!

We rode at a moderate effort pace. all the way down Jewetta to Noriega, across Noriega to Old farm road, Back up to Snow road then home. It took 45 minutes, no slow down. I will mapquest for distance.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    YAY MOMMA!!!!!!!

We rode at a moderate effort pace. all the way down Jewetta to Noriega, across Noriega to Old farm road, Back up to Snow road then home. It took 45 minutes, no slow down. I will mapquest for distance.
    [/quote

5.0 miles total
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That is a GIANT step! Good for you. Congratulations on riding your bike for 30 mins aftter not riding for years and your legs are shakey and your heart pounding! How exciting to do something new again for yourself! Keep up the good work!! :drinker: :drinker: :happy: