Anyone taking diet pills?

Options

Replies

• WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    Bump!
  • Sanduni
    Options
    wow awsome stuff! i guess it varies for different body types......so happy for all the input! thanks again all you amazing peeps :) all the very best to each and every one xx
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No, and I don't believe they are good for you at all.........
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I take Slimquick sometimes, but I only take them for the caffiene boost. They aren't filled with all that wierd stuff that gives ppl heart attacks n stuff. I would never take anything heavy like that!
  • Katie41907
    Options
    Please don't take them.

I took them for a few months. I was looking great! Along with looking great I had constant Diarrhea, nose bleeds, and a racing heart. I was determined that I was going to lose that weight though! I did! The months of "work" paid off. But as soon as I stopped taking them (even though I continued to eat and workout the exact same way) the weight came back within weeks...PLUS SOME!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    yes it was a transparent pill and instead of swollowing i chewed it!! :sad: such a bad idea!!!!!!!!
    Oh yikes!! lol I would have stopped taking them too! :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Just drink a cup or two of green tea a day (unsweetened would be best) or a couple cups of black coffee. Really it's the same effect anyway, suppresses the appetite.
  • BeautiflyThin
    Options
    I used to, i bought some off ebay. they never helped me at all. Thats why i came here for weightloss help. haha (:
  • drfletcher25k
    drfletcher25k Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In 4th grade, I had gained some weight and my family doctor prescribed diet pills for me.. This was a very long time ago (in the 70's), but how messed up is that! Anyhow, I would never ever take them again. They mess with your metabolism...and I am still paying the price for that.
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried diet pills and lost about 45 pounds. The problem was after I stopped taking them.....you guessed it all the weight came back on. Trying it the old fashion way by eating cleaner and holding myselft accountable. Luckily I started before I gained all 45 pounds back.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    They are mostly caffeine. If you need the energy to get going in the morning you can try one or just have coffee. The only thing I know that does aid in weight loss and has been proven is fish oil. If you take fish oil 45mins before your work out you will lose more fat. Fish oil is also really good for your brain and heart so there's no downside to taking it. Hope this helps!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The active ingredient in a lot of diet pills is caffeine, the dress it up by saying it's an extract of this plant or that plant, but in the end, it's just caffeine. If you want to go this route, get plain caffeine pills in bulk, they're less expensive and you have a better idea of what is in them.

Also, the evidence is mixed, and I wouldn't consider them "diet pills" but there is some evidence that supplementing with conjugated linoleic acids can aid in weight loss, and in maintaining muscle mass while losing weight.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, patience can be tough sometimes. :)

The reason I've never taken any diet pills is the fear I have of the unknown. I have seen several "This is the greatest pill ever!" claims, only to find out later that the pill causes heart attacks, death, etc.

I'd rather be fat than dead.

Amen!!!
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've had a problem taking diet pills I don't recommend them.
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're something you should take. An old co-worker of mine was taking them while eating right and exercising and she wasn't overdoing the amount she was taking them. Next thing ya know, she's having a seizure and her short-term memory suffered. About 8 years later (currently), she's just able to make it through a movie without asking "who's that?" (inquiring about the main character who has been in it since the beginning) or "what are we watching?" (after she picked out the movie herself). After the incident, she had significant short-term memory loss. Some of it is still there, but she's getting somewhat better.

The doctor said it was because of the diet pills. She was very healthy and had no family history of seizures or any sort of sign that she would have had them (my family was close to hers, so that's how I know all of this.).

There's a reason those chemicals aren't already present in your body. It should stay that way. Your body knows what it's doing.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    if there was a miracle pill we would all be thin

diet pills can screw up your body badly. also, there is a placebo effect- if u want something to work, u general try to help it work (meaning, u might end up eating better because u want to help the pill)
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lemme tell you a lil story about how I got super skinny super fast. I was in high school and was on ephedrine. I lost 60 pounds in 4 months. I was hawt. Then it was banned. Then I got fat x 3. End of my wonderful story.
  • simples88
    Options
    Im making an effort to have a green tea in the mornings, but I just ordered African mango extract today so they should be here in a few days -they are'nt a diet pill, but are supposed to help speed up metabolism and fat burn naturally. I thought Id try them for a month as I'm picking up the tempo with my exercise routine. They are just a supplement, may be worth looking at if you are exercising with your diet.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I took them in December. I had been at a plateau for a LONG time and tried to use them just to kick my body back into gear. It worked. I only lost 6 lbs that month, but have consistantly lost even after stopping them. I was eating right and exercizing before, during and after taking them though......
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh and I was hearing on CBS this morning that they MIGHT approve a new drug that has an old diet drug and a seizure/ migraine medication that starts with a Q. I'm not gonna lie. I watched. I want. :( I wish this was easier.

They may not approve it either.