(Mostly) Clean Eaters confess, What's your dirty little secr

Options
secret? I often see posts from people who say they eat clean most of the time (or 80-90% of the time or whatever). I am in that boat also. I was wondering what is the "dirty" food that you love? and how often do you indulge?

For me it's Crystal Light (specifically Metabolism Green Tea Peach Mango), and I have one packet almost every day. I also go to Chili's once every three or four months for the Chips and Queso. This is not to say these are my only indulgences, but they are my favorite!

Replies

• CleanCarol
    Options
    A glass of wine. I usually will have one once a week. It's normally the only treat I have.
  • PaulS70
    Options
    Diet Mountain Dew.

Then of course desserts...
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    non organic blueberries and pizza
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Once a year I allow myself to drink Orange Crush.

I'm going on year #3.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My fave indulgence is dinner once a month at my favorite Mexican place where I have whatever I feel like for that meal. Other indulgences which I have once or twice a week is low calorie ranch dressing, full calorie/fat dessert or a can of dt. mt. dew.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Pepsi and occasionally Taco Bell
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Bailey's Creme Brulee coffee creamer and pizza on Friday nights (family tradition)....but I try to limit to one slice.....ok, two!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Diet food like weight watchers string cheese, Fiber One brownies. :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    wine, cheese, and salad dressing...usually all at once!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Club soda - lots of it. Coffee - also lots of that (and I have absolutely no intention of giving it up!).

Laughing cow cheese wedges - occasionally.

But for the most part I don't eat a lot of processed food.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake! :: sigh ::

Although I do try to "health" it up a little with loads of fresh berries.
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    I admit... I really love Ling Ling Frozen Chicken Potstickers AND the worst of them all... Tortinos Combo Pizza Rolls! I very very rarely eat them! Seriously maybe 2-4Xs/year total! But everytime I see them in the store - I have to admit, my heart skips a beat. Talk about junk food! lol It's funny coming from me... I'm one of those stereotypical Northern CA types that eats 90% local, organic foods... totally anti-trans fat, etc. Hahaha! Mmmmmm - pizza rolls and pot stickers... mmmmmmm...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I really do eat clean the majority of the time put then, I go to my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant. It's like half a mile from my house. And it's SO GOOD. I don't even care how they make the queso with guacamole in it. I'll eat it. And the migas tacos with chorizo in em. Could care less. So delicious!!!

And my nutritionist told me that wine and liquor aren't on the dirty list as long as they're in moderation (although organic and sulfite free are best) so I say ok to those :) I could never give up my red wine!!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I admit... I really love Ling Ling Frozen Chicken Potstickers AND the worst of them all... Tortinos Combo Pizza Rolls! I very very rarely eat them! Seriously maybe 2-4Xs/year total! But everytime I see them in the store - I have to admit, my heart skips a beat. Talk about junk food! lol It's funny coming from me... I'm one of those stereotypical Northern CA types that eats 90% local, organic foods... totally anti-trans fat, etc. Hahaha! Mmmmmm - pizza rolls and pot stickers... mmmmmmm...

I love, love, love Totinos Pizza Rolls. In my binge eating days, I used to make the big bag for both me and my ex-husband, extra toasted, with ranch dressing. OMG so good! It's been years since I've had them.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I don't indulge any longer with anything that isn't a whole food.

I am learning to recreate some of my recipes into clean recipes using only the best whole foods ingredients I can afford.

We have even started eating at restaurants that focus on getting their food from local, sustainable sources.

My favorites so far are: An American Place (Downtown St Louis) and Local Harvest Cafe.
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dove Chocolate (daily), coffee (daily) and a beer (three nights a week). What is the point if you can not enjoy what you like and make it fit with your goals :-)
  • countrysweetie613
    Options
    Pizza and peppermint hot chocolate with whipped cream are my two dirtiest little secrets :) Mmmmm
  • koolmum
    Options
    1. Nutella
    2. Sushi
    3. Store bought Hummus
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    would be egg rolls , but I do make my own, but it is the aspect of being deep fried that makes it dirty....lol oh and fried corn tortillas for tacos.....
    and ...cold stone chocolate decadence, and the last one i had was about 8 months ago....

but most of my desserts are made from whole clean foods..... taste like decadence and its not even an indulgence. just feels like it.
  • indisguise
    Options
    McDonalds regular cheeseburgers. I eat one (and only one!) on my way to the gym. Since I started having a burger before the workout I'm not hungry afterward like I used to be. I used to be starving after a workout! Other than that one pre-workout burger, I've stopped eating fast food completely.