What would YOU say?

Options
cheermom11
cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
I saw a friend for the first time in 8 months. She said it looked like I had lost weight. Well... I've lost 33 total but only 14 since I saw her last.

What do you tell people when they ask? Do you give them a 'total' or 'since I saw you last'? Do you even give them a number at all?

Just curious...

Replies

• cheermom11
    Options
    I saw a friend for the first time in 8 months. She said it looked like I had lost weight. Well... I've lost 33 total but only 14 since I saw her last.

What do you tell people when they ask? Do you give them a 'total' or 'since I saw you last'? Do you even give them a number at all?

Just curious...
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    GREAT AND NO I WOULDNT IN LESS THEY ASK, ASK LONG AS PEOPLE RECOGNIZING IT KEEP UP THE GOOOD WORK:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!

I say thanks ...thats it.

If they ask for details...I tell em.

If they dont...I dont,

WTG:flowerforyou:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually give the whole total, but if it's someone you'd rather not share the info with, feel free to tell them the smaller number. (I have a friend who would harp at me about losing "too much" if I told her what I weighed.)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Just curious...
    I proudly state "yeah Ive lost close to 70lbs but I have a long way to go its nice that you noticed thanks" LOL....i give a number because im really trying to learn not to be ashamed or controlled by what the scale says good or bad and im learning to take pride in my accomplishments...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh I am very subtle.................and YELL THIRTY POUNDS!!!

count em, 10, 20, 30!! :bigsmile:

3 sacks of taters!! 5 sacks of onions!! :happy:

4 sizes, 400 hours at the gym, 10,000 nos to chocolate cake.

No really I say "30 pounds" If they ask how I just say " Diet and exercise"

I find I am wasting my breath giving details, because most ppl are not ready to take advise.
  • cheermom11
    Options
    I just say " Diet and exercise"

I find I am wasting my breath giving details, because most ppl are not ready to take advise.

So true!! When I tell people about MFP, I usually get 'that takes too much work.'

And by the way... I'm soooo using the '3 sacks of taters' next time! :laugh:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Congratulations on losing 33 pounds.

You're doing great and looking great.:flowerforyou:

When asked, I do share how much I've lost.

Like someone else said though I don't share too many details b/c it seems to bore those looking for a quick & painless solution.:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just say " Diet and exercise"

So true!! When I tell people about MFP, I usually get 'that takes too much work.'

And by the way... I'm soooo using the '3 sacks of taters' next time! :laugh:

One of the guys at work lost over 80 pounds. he didnt realize how much that was until he had to carry 20 lb sacks of salt to his back yard. On the 4th trip he told his wife those bags where heavy. she said, could you carry them all at once? He said of course not! She said well 1 yr ago you WERE!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    HAHA I do tell anyone that asks, and some people that don't ask. :laugh: :laugh:

I am guilty of oversharing:blushing:

I do get a little disappointed if I see someone that hasn't seen me since before I began losing, and they say nothing. that bums me out. I KNOW it is noticeable, so I always get a little complex '"OMG why aren't they saying anything? Is it b/c I am still so fat?"
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I say really thanks I am trying I got more to go though
  • cheermom11
    Options
    I do get a little disappointed if I see someone that hasn't seen me since before I began losing, and they say nothing. that bums me out. I KNOW it is noticeable, so I always get a little complex '"OMG why aren't they saying anything? Is it b/c I am still so fat?"

I totally hear you! I've had the same experience.
  • cheermom11
    Options
    Thank you all for replying! This weight loss/getting healthy thing is an amazing and interesting journey...