NEW SHOES!

Options
2»

Replies

• DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've also loved nikes, but now I've got Brookes which I would highly recommend. Good support around the ankle, space around the toes and plenty of bounce!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony's. That said, go to a running store and have your gate assessed and let them tell you what you should wear. A good store will let you try on 3+ pairs and try them out. I would have totally picked another pair had I not done this. I don't have any issues with the ball of my food hurting now.

Edit: I was surprised to find the running store wasn't all that expensive compared to the local shoe warehouse. Once you know what style fits your gate best THEN you can buy them online.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted for a shoe that works for your foot structure and your gait/stride. So very important. They will give you some recommendations once they take a look at you and how you run.

Don't worry about color or looks, if you have HEAVEN on your feet you will NOT care what they look like.

Walking/hobbling home from a planned 5 mile run will suck if you are in pretty shoes that go with your outfit :wink:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I also am a huge BROOKS fan.... I have the Brooks Glycerin 9 and they feel like they were made custom for my feet !!
  • novelty79
    novelty79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Puma Faas running shoes are the best running shoes I have ever owned. I have the 500's but a friend of mine wears the 250's and raves about them as well. I have always had a problem with pain on the bottom of my feet when i run, but the cushioning of this shoe really helps with it. Also, since I began wearing them, I have had no shin splints. They are really cushiony, but also extremely light. The shoes I have are about $120 in mall stores, but I found them for $60 online.
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A few years back I stopped trying to be frugal with my athletic shoes. I only buy Brooks. I've tried almost everything else, and Brooks are the only shoes I can count on to be comfortable every time, for the long haul. And they're actually not that expensive on Zappos sometimes.

I *hate* Nikes...

Me too! My podiatrist told me that Nikes are what hurt my foot to begin with, it got uglier from there.

When you are a runner, your only real investment is your shoes, no other fancy equipment required. I refused to spend a lot of money on my shoes for the longest time. I have one pair of Brooks that I loved, then I forked over the cash for the Asics Gel Nimbus-13...OMG I love them. Won't wear anything else! I do agree though, go to a place that will watch your stride and fit what is best for you.
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a pronator, so I've been buying the Asics Kayanos for the past 8 years and love them. They have carried me through 3 marathons and all the training that goes with them! They can be a bit pricey, though, so sometimes I buy last season's if I find them on sale.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Exactly. There are running stores / shoe stores that will watch your stride and let you know a few different shoes that would work best for you.

^ This.

I'm a Nike girl myself. I'm into my third pair of Nike Pegasus 26 and just picked up a pair of the trail running shoe as well :)

Find something you like and stick with it. No need to fix what isn't broken!
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first pair of running shoes (Asics GT 2170). I got help at a quality shoe store that examines your feet for the perfect shoe. I love my new shoes. Felt a little off balance at first since it was making me run correctly, but I love them.
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    I got professionally fitted for the first time about 2 weeks ago...ended up with Brooks Pure Cadence $130. Pricey but so far I love them!

13800327.png
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I run in Brooks Glycerin
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    go to a running store and get fitted.

I'm not saying this is a BAD idea, but it's not foolproof, either. I did this once, and ended up with a really expensive pair of sneakers I ended up hating. I guess what I'm saying is, don't let someone talk you into something you have reservations about just because you assume they know more than you do.
    The same thing happened to me the first time I was fitted at a running store, they left horrible blisters on my feet. But after trying a pair of Nikes I bought online and a pair of Brooks I bought at D i c k s and having to return them both I went back to the running store. This time they got it right and my Saucony Ride 4s are perfect.... if I had an extra $100 with nothing else to do I'd buy another pair just to have them in case of .... I don't know.