Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's the best weight loss advice you have been given?

This is a positive spinoff of MDVOID's thread. So what's the BEST fitness/weight loss/healthy eating advice you have been given, heard or read?

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    Don't stress about it.

My mom is a personal trainer and wellness coach, and the biggest thing she's always told me in my struggles "Stop stressing out." When I stop worrying about why the scale isn't moving, and just trust the process and don't get discouraged, I see results. If I have a bad day (food wise), I don't stress out. I just do better the next day and move on. This has not only helped me in my fitness/weight loss journey, but in my life in general.

So, folks, don't stress out :)
  • I am friends with many trainers at my gym. And even though they all seem to have different ways of reaching your fitness goals - they all seem to have one phrase -

YOU ARE STRONG DONT BE AFRAID TO CHALLENGE YOUR BODY!
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Nice ones! The best advice given to me was at a few years ago. The advice was to stop drinking pop...I lost a lot of weight just from doing that (and I kept it off). I still drink pop once in a while but if I had a choice I would definitely opt for water or green tea.

The reason why that was great advice is because it made me realize the importance of making small changes. Dieting and changing your habits drastically until you lose weight is not a long-term solution. Instead make small changes that will have a big impact over time (cutting out pop).