chronic fatigue and weight loss

Options
I am really trying to make a concerted effort to loose weight. I'm watching what I eat....keep myself hydrated with water...take my vitamins...and exercise at least 5 times a week...if not every day for about an hour. However, instead of getting that burst of energy that people say they get after they exercise...I am exactly the opposite...I'm exhausted! Actually, I'm exhausted most of the day but after exercise I could just crawl into bed and fall asleep. I have had my thyroid checked and that is OK. However I just cannot get rid of this constant and chronic fatigue. Is anyone is the same boat as I am and do you have any suggestions?

Replies

• Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I AM hypothyroid, though. I also have chronic insomnia, so the exhaustion after exercise was welcome, as it was the best sleep I'd have. it's not as bad now, though. After a while your body becomes used to the extra effort and the adrenaline kicks in and you feel better.

Start off slow and build up the time slowly that you exercise. Don't overdo it all at once. Good luck!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you Jupitermermai
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you're eating enough protein to rebuild your muscle tissue from working out so much. If you open your food diary, I can look at it and perhaps make some suggestions to help add foods that increase energy and get rid of energy depleting foods you might be eating. Just a suggestion.......
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I think I have the solution to your problem. Read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. It will change your life.
    Read my blog to learn how I've lost 153 pounds in the past 24 months. My energy level is through the roof and I'm 57 years old.

Dan