Nintendo Wii Fit

Options
I complained to my husband so much recently about my weight that he splurged for the entire Wii Fit set up. I am about 136lbs over weight and only 30 years old. I use it for at least an hour a day and most certainly do start sweating pretty good, I also walk with my neighbor around the golf course with my dog too for about an hour and a half. But back to the Wii. There is Yoga ( I can't do it yet becuase I don't have very good balance yet) Strength Training (I do allthe excersizes twice and really feel it the next day) Aerobics (I do the hulla hoop and step the majority of the time and if I can't get out for my walk I run in place with it for about 40 minutes) and balance games (I don't really use them that much becuase my balance sucks)

Does anyone know where I can look to calculate the calories burned whileI am using it? I get a score from each excersize but I don't think it's how many caloies I have burned.

any information would be sooooo helpful. I have lost 6 lbs eating right and excersizing in 8 days. I am so happy about that.

Replies

• joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    I complained to my husband so much recently about my weight that he splurged for the entire Wii Fit set up. I am about 136lbs over weight and only 30 years old. I use it for at least an hour a day and most certainly do start sweating pretty good, I also walk with my neighbor around the golf course with my dog too for about an hour and a half. But back to the Wii. There is Yoga ( I can't do it yet becuase I don't have very good balance yet) Strength Training (I do allthe excersizes twice and really feel it the next day) Aerobics (I do the hulla hoop and step the majority of the time and if I can't get out for my walk I run in place with it for about 40 minutes) and balance games (I don't really use them that much becuase my balance sucks)

Does anyone know where I can look to calculate the calories burned whileI am using it? I get a score from each excersize but I don't think it's how many caloies I have burned.

any information would be sooooo helpful. I have lost 6 lbs eating right and excersizing in 8 days. I am so happy about that.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't really think there is a calorie-calculator for the Wii. I'm pretty sure it all matters with how high your heart rate would get up to and be sustainable for a certain amount of time. You may want to check out getting a heart rate monitor.

I have the Wii Fit and absolutely love it. It does get you sweating. I would also look at getting MyFitnessCoach for Wii. Maya, your personal trainer, takes you through a personalized workout that REALLY gets you sweating.

ALSO! Huge congrats on losing your 6 lbs! You've taken the first step at losing weight and I would definitely your first step is a huge success!

Keep at it!
    -Ian
  • joeysmuse
    joeysmuse Posts: 87
    Options
    Hey thanks alot!! I am pretty proud of myself. My weight obseive mother is praising and questioning me every day about. :grumble: especially because I was anorexic in HS.

Iwill check out my fitness coach when I get bored of Wii Fit. I predict about a month. I never thought excersizing with a gaming system would be any good but kudos to Nintendo for being the first to think of it!