Polar F6

Options
I just bought one and absolutely love it! I went for a 2 1/2 hr walk and burned 861 calories!! It will be nice to know what I am actually burning (the numbers on MFP aren't accurate) and how much harder/longer I need to work to reach my desired calorie loss.

Replies

• librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I just bought one and absolutely love it! I went for a 2 1/2 hr walk and burned 861 calories!! It will be nice to know what I am actually burning (the numbers on MFP aren't accurate) and how much harder/longer I need to work to reach my desired calorie loss.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I be thinking the same thing sometimes , I wonder if the numbers are accurate , but i dont stress to much, I know one thing for sure is that Im working hard at it and thats all that matters
  • librarygirl
    Options
    The MFP guide for calories burned is still fine and it was only about 40 calories off...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I have a polar F6 and I absoultly love mine, I used it today and walked for 70 minutes, and burned 631 calories. I didn't use mine with the heart rate limits set though. Do you set your heart rate limits, like light, moderate, hard?
  • librarygirl
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I just checked it and I have it set at moderate. I noticed that to reach the target heart rate zone (126-143) I really had to truck it! I think that only happened once for a brief moment. I wasn't sure if I should lower it to low intensity but that is what the F6 defaulted to.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Best thing I have ever bought- I have the F4 and love it.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I just checked it and I have it set at moderate. I noticed that to reach the target heart rate zone (126-143) I really had to truck it! I think that only happened once for a brief moment. I wasn't sure if I should lower it to low intensity but that is what the F6 defaulted to.

I don't set it ( I put it to off)when walking b/c I find it is too hard to stay within the limits, I have always had a high heartrate. still should be accurate, shouldn't it?
  • librarygirl
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I don't set it ( I put it to off)when walking b/c I find it is too hard to stay within the limits, I have always had a high heartrate. still should be accurate, shouldn't it?

I believe so...
  • heather93277
    Options
    I was doing some online searching for HRM's and found so many.. how do you know which is best for you??? does more expensive really mean better or is a cheapy sufficient?
  • librarygirl
    Options

Best thing I have ever bought- I have the F4 and love it.

A question for you....because I burned 861 calories today, I didn't want to put them all into today's log because then my food diary would be adjusted and it would say I had all these calories left. What I did was split up my calories burned and put some on Friday's exercise diary (I was over calories that day) and I put the rest on today. What do you do? I walk 5 hrs a week but I walked an extra 1 1/2 hrs today to make up for my bad calorie day on Friday.
  • librarygirl
    Options
    I was doing some online searching for HRM's and found so many.. how do you know which is best for you??? does more expensive really mean better or is a cheapy sufficient?

I looked into what people were saying and quite a few people on here were talking about the Polar brands. I liked what the F6 had to offer and here in Canada I paid $129 from a local store.
  • heather93277
    Options
    Yeah, it seems $100 to $125 is the median price ... some were over $350 though? LOL seems a bit much, but what do I know. I guess I should really be asking, what features are most important on a HRM?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Yeah, it seems $100 to $125 is the median price ... some were over $350 though? LOL seems a bit much, but what do I know. I guess I should really be asking, what features are most important on a HRM?

Make sure that you have to enter your weight, height and age.
  • librarygirl
    Options
    For me I was looking for one that was easy to use and was accurate. I also didn't want to pay to much but wanted a respected brand. When I was walking today, I was able to push one button to see how long I had been walking. I pushed it again and saw how many calories I had burned. One more push and I could see whether or not I was in my target heart rate. I LOVED that I could pause it when my boyfriend and I sat down for a quick rest.
  • heather93277
    Options
    I have a tendency to get higher than my target rate... do any have like a beep if you get too high?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    For me I was looking for one that was easy to use and was accurate. I also didn't want to pay to much but wanted a respected brand. When I was walking today, I was able to push one button to see how long I had been walking. I pushed it again and saw how many calories I had burned. One more push and I could see whether or not I was in my target heart rate. I LOVED that I could pause it when my boyfriend and I sat down for a quick rest.

I love all those features too. I had to stop and rest today and I just hit the stop button and when I was ready to start again I just pushed the button and was on my way.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have a tendency to get higher than my target rate... do any have like a beep if you get too high?

yes they beep when you get too high.
  • librarygirl
    Options

I just checked the manual and the alarm will sound if you are not within your target heart rate. You can also set it to light/moderate/high intensity.
  • heather93277
    Options
    sweet!! thanks for the help & advice, ladies :bigsmile:

I need to get one... can't wait to get some accuracy in my numbers :flowerforyou:
  • librarygirl
    Options

I love all those features too. I had to stop and rest today and I just hit the stop button and when I was ready to start again I just pushed the button and was on my way.

A question for you....because I burned 861 calories today, I didn't want to put them all into today's log because then my food diary would be adjusted and it would say I had all these calories left. What I did was split up my calories burned and put some on Friday's exercise diary (I was over calories that day) and I put the rest on today. What do you do? I walk 5 hrs a week but I walked an extra 1 1/2 hrs today to make up for my bad calorie day on Friday.