Hello from a new face.

Options
Hi there. I joined today after my cousin, who is a member, told me how great this site was. I look forward to meeting new people. If there are folks in the area that would be interested in walking together or anything, feel free to drop me a line and we can discuss it. :)

I'm a 35 year old newly single mother. After way too many years of taking care of everything and everyone in my life, I am beginning my journey to take care of myself! I've lost 25 pounds so far, through a combination of daily walking and eating better. I joined Curves as well, just this week, and am incorporating that into my day, too.

I have more than 100 pounds left to lose so I welcome all help, be it through stories or recipes (vegetarian friendly is a plus!) or exercise buddies or whatever!

Thanks for reading and have a fabulous day, wherever you may be.

~ Gena

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Your cousin was so right...glad we are MFP friends...can't wait too see how are journeys go.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Fellow veggie here too!!! Welcome to the site!
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Glad to meet ya! Welcome to the site and good job starting a healthier life style!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm addicted to this site.
    I find most everyone very friendly and helpful.
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Hi! Take the time for you. You will appreciate every bit of it!! You are off to a good start. Lots of luck!
    I have sent you a friend request.
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome...we are glad to have you.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!! You've done an awesome job with the weightloss so far! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm fairly new here too so feel free to add me.

Well done on your current weight loss, keep up the good work! :)