My Cheat day= Evil Date

Options
“Excuses are tools for the weak and incompetent

Used to build monuments to nothingness

And those that specialize in them

Are seldom good for anything

But Excuses, excuses, excuses.”

I am starting with this quote because I am going to feed you some excuse as to why my losing weight journey has come to a halt. First, Let me start with some good news. I have not gained any weight. This is good for me, but maybe not as important to you. You probably visit my blog to learn on my process on losing weight, and this post is an excuse to as why I have not.

I have a theory that if you do not exercise you will not shed pounds. Exercising for me isn’t as bad as to eating fewer calories. I haven’t exercised in a week and I haven’t been keeping track of my calories intake. My EXCUSE for this is that I have been remodeling my place and I do not have room to exercise. However, the truth is I took one-week vacation off work before starting my new job, and I’ve been lazy watching movie instead of exercising.

Then the worst thing happened, I decided to have a cheat day.

Let me explain the concept of a “Cheat Day”. That is the one-day you allow yourself to not follow your exercise/calories count and you cheat a little. But my version of a cheat day is really called an “Evil Date”. This is the day I choose to drink the most. I recently went out with friends to dinner and I cheated. The next day I cheated some more. Then before you know it, I was on an evil date with myself. This lasted four days. The excuse I gave myself every day that I drank was that I would exercise double. Ummm… double became none at all.

Well this is my plan (I’m starting to get the feeling that this blog may not be about my weight loss journey but rather a place where I can track how many times I really change my plan on how to lose weight) I plan to start from scratch this upcoming week. (Sounds like another excuse to me)

I realized that no one is perfect and everyone has his or her own flaws. But what I cant understand is why I CAN commit to pledging and org, graduating college, going to grad school, dealing with the negatives, but I CANT commit to exercising. Looking back at my first blog reminded me why I need this change. This encouraged me to continue. After all, this blog may be a reminder for myself to succeed. This blog serves you for the entertainment and a battle within yourself to see whether or not I will commit. Do I write a good talk? Can I walk a good walk?

Time To Walk

Replies

• tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cecilia49,

I am glad you have taken the steps and realized that you have been making a lot of excuses. I, too, am guilty of making excuses for one reason or another. I agree, starting from scratch next week is another excuse. You seem to be a person who needs to make gradual changes. Instead of doing something drastic and not sticking to it, try small things and slowly build on that. I believe that you can do it. So make a little change tomorrow take a slow walk during lunch or cut on some music and dance. Good luck with your goal.