Why is this happening

Options
Ok, anyone have this happening. The first 3 1/2 weeks, 24 pounds, the last 7 days, 1 pound, but during the past 7 days, I can see my face is getting skinnier, others have noticed too, and my pants fit much looser, I am still in the obese stage (237 at 5'11") so if these things are happening, then why is the weight not coming off?

I am perplexed. I went to calorie cycling this week, and have upped my cardio. Everything is looking good or better, but I feel like I need that scale so I don't backslide.

Does anyone have any help or similar situations?

Replies

• RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok, anyone have this happening. The first 3 1/2 weeks, 24 pounds, the last 7 days, 1 pound, but during the past 7 days, I can see my face is getting skinnier, others have noticed too, and my pants fit much looser, I am still in the obese stage (237 at 5'11") so if these things are happening, then why is the weight not coming off?

I am perplexed. I went to calorie cycling this week, and have upped my cardio. Everything is looking good or better, but I feel like I need that scale so I don't backslide.

Does anyone have any help or similar situations?
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    Do you ever watch The Biggest Loser? Everyone always has "that week". I think your body is adjusting and toning. We know muscle weighs more than fat. So you're most likely still losing the fat, but the muscle just caught up this week. You'll probably kick butt next week on the scale. Don't get discouraged, if those pants are looser, you're still on track!
  • c-grandma
    Options
    Sometimes the weight redistributes. I have that happen, too. It's kind of strange. I think it's from building more muscle, too. Just try to hang in there, and you'll see a change!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    24lbs in 3 1/2 weeks! Wow! I'd focus on that and not worry about the current slow down. You dropped a lot of weight already, give your body time to adjust. :smile:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    One word MUSCLE!
    Think of it this way.
    Take a brick your basic building brick, and put it on a scale. Lets say it weighs one pound.
    Now take pudding. and start filling a vat until you reach 1 pound. THAT is a LOT of PUDDING.
    Now look at the goo that is the pudding and the solid cut lines of the brick. YOU are gaining muscle.
    and burning fat.
    You are adding the brick and getting rid of the pudding.
    and THAT is why the scale is not moving as much as you want it to but you are noticing clothes fit better and you are getting thinner.
    So CONGRATS! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    One word MUSCLE!
    Think of it this way.
    Take a brick your basic building brick, and put it on a scale. Lets say it weighs one pound.
    Now take pudding. and start filling a vat until you reach 1 pound. THAT is a LOT of PUDDING.
    Now look at the goo that is the pudding and the solid cut lines of the brick. YOU are gaining muscle.
    and burning fat.
    You are adding the brick and getting rid of the pudding.
    and THAT is why the scale is not moving as much as you want it to but you are noticing clothes fit better and you are getting thinner.
    So CONGRATS! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...

:happy: WOW! THAT is the best description I have ever heard! Excellent, Diann!:glasses:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you are looking and feeling better you are probably still losing fat eventhough you are not losing weight. Also depending on what you eat your body will retain more water. Instead of weighing yourself once a week maybe try once a month and set your goals by the month instead of the week. So instead of 1 to 2 pounds a week do 5 to 10 pounds a month. Think of how good you would feel right now if you wouldn't have weighed yourself all month and then you weighed yourself and was down 25 pounds in a month instead of 24 pounds in 3 weeks and then 1 pound the next.

Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged by little set backs.