how do u get up n get ready to work out in the am???

Options
13»

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I go first thing in the morning, its the only time of the day I can fit it in (Full time job, 2 kids etc etc).

I get my gym clothes ready the night before, roll out of bed half asleep, evacuate and get changed. I'm still half asleep by the time I get to the gym some mornings but 5 minutes on the bike to warm up and I'm ready to go!

You have to push yourself to start, just like anything new it is difficult in the beginning. Hopefully though you will get to a stage where you feel 1000 times worse if you don't go (plus I cant eat as much during the day... and that's always a good reinforcer) :)

The big trick is routine. Find what works for you, and do it religiously for a while. Pretty soon it'll be as natural as brushing your teeth before bed (which I hope you do :tongue: )
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    A wise man once said "Do or Do not. There is no try."

Haha, wasn't that Yoda? :laugh: I guess he was pretty wise!
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Get a dog!!!! No options- always needs a walk out, gets me up at 6am. No rest days though!

This was the exact excuse I used to get a dog!.... Mum said no :sad:
  • Nikki_856
    Options
    I get up at 4am most days. My trick is to wear my workout clothes to bed and I convince myself to just get up and walk on the treadmill, once I get walking I am awake enough to start my run and work up a good sweat!