Help....I need your feedback

Options
2»

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Are you using a HRM? because walking for an hour and a half and getting 800+ calories from it does not sound right. I didn't burn that many when I ran a 10K.

I do think it all balances out, but I also wonder about the accuracy of the #s you are providing.

I could be wrong - but I didn't read it as 800+ for an hour and a half.... I read it as she had already walked for an hour and did an EXTRA hour and a half. Which would seem reasonable to me.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    4 mph is really fast - like frenetic college "I'm late for an exam and it's all the way across campus fast". Or at least it is for my short little legs. Are you sure you were going 4 mph? One mile in 15 minutes? If so, kudos to you.

Best of luck,
    Kathryn
    Thanks for checking on this. I have an outside lap I do, which I have driven with my car to measure. It is 4.1 miles, and today it took me and my son on his bike 59 minutes to complete. I do push quite hard, which for an 42 year old man with both hips replaced, is quite an accomplishment!:glasses: Oh, and as a btw, I have checked it with 2 dufferent cars.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Your situation is the perfect argument for throwing away the scale, or at least not weighing yourself every day.
    I was weighing myself weekly, but have changed it to once every two weeks because of my treats at Easter. If you leave longer between weighing in, it will all balance out as long as your overall habits are good.
    I officially weigh in once a month on the Saturday after my 'friend' has left. I do peek once or twice during the week but I will know in a few weeks what my results are.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were weighing yourself every day, it's just that so many people have posted about how often they are unhappy with the results. If you leave it longer between weigh-ins, a bit of a treat now and then won't make people so upset.
    :happy:
    No worries...I knew what you meant.
    My boyfriend gets after me when he hears me dragging out the scale if I have done it once or twice already that week!