How often do you take a full body picture?

I was thinking about taking a full body picture and posting it as my display on MFP, to kinda remind me what I am working for. Just not sure if that would be a good or bad thing? Every week, every 2 weeks, every month, not at all? I guess I am mostly embarrassed, but I just remember what I did to motivate myself before. I was going to the gym, and I picked some not very flattering workout clothes. They fit, just were NOT flattering, in light gray and yellow and light blue. I worked out until my *kitten* looked better, it was like a goal of mine everyday.....to give it my all and push myself because I wanted to feel good about myself in workout clothes. Kinda of silly now that I think about it, but for some reason that worked. I have taken the Workout DVD route this time around, so not sure how to keep my rear in line.

Any other motivational suggestions that would help me stay on track everyday! ? ? ?

Replies

• KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    I just took some before pictures last night. I started 30 day shred yesterday. Hopefully in 30 days I will be able to look back and see how far ive come. I dont think I could post those pics on here though i would be too embarrased.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I have a couple...one is fully clothed and its my MFP pic...I have a couple others either shirtless or with a tank top on. It's not a bad idea to post them or put them as your pic...or just somewhere where you'll see it all the time. I should do it too...
  • Mixie87
    Mixie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Yea I think I am going to take them. Last time I did this I forgot and come to think of it I did regret it. :)
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    I took one when I started and was so devastated by that I never took another.
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    I take them once a month on my measurements day (the 1st of every month).. I don't plan on posting them anywhere, it's so that *I* can see the difference.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    NEVER!!!! Can't handle it
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    :smile: I take them every month and each time i notice a difference. It helps i find not to rely on the scale all the time. I also measure every month too
  • Mixie87, I know you're asking about full body pictures, but your post made me think of ways I've heard to keep myself in line while working out at home. Workout in front of a mirror. Being able to see yourself, see the problem areas and such really pushes me to work harder. I've also heard of women working out in their underwear so you can really see what you're working on, can't say I do that though. Just a few ideas =)
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    I took one at the beginning and I am planning to take one every two months.

I have found in the past that taking them too often can be a little discouraging for me. The feeling of loose clothes is far more uplifting for me than seeing before and after pictures of just a couple of weeks of effort.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    I always want to just for own reference. Sometimes get as far as taking one on my phone, but then delete it- what if it accidently syncs and ends up on fb? Or your friend borrows your phone/laptop and sees? Or if you print it, someone goes to get something from your desk or wardrobe or wherever? Wish I was brave enough! :blushing:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I typically take them every 3-4 week or so. Whenever I need a dose of inspiration or a slap of reality.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I never have.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    What I want to know is, what is and what is not appropriate clothing or lack there of for said picture?

I want to take one, but my line of appropriate is not the norm.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    I'm taking them once a month. Probably won't post them, but will have them just for me. I think it is important to be able to see your progress. So much of losing weight is a mind game that you need that reminder of how far you've come (or how far you have to go).
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    What I want to know is, what is and what is not appropriate clothing or lack there of for said picture?

I want to take one, but my line of appropriate is not the norm.
  • I take my full body picture on the first of every month. It helps to see my progress
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    I take them every two wks so I can see a difference in tone idc which sees that's what this site is for...not finding a mate or impressing people;)
  • I take them on the first of every month!
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 238 Member
    I've been taking them, but I'm not posting them yet....I do see a difference, but I want to be "better"....
  • Ive done mine every week on my weigh in day :smile: