Multivitamins

Options
What is te best kind for women, do you any of you take them? My doctor told me to take vitamin D but i figure taking a multivitamin would be good too so im wondering which one is the best.

Replies

• demartin3
    Options
    The best are found in health food stores. They tend to be natural - from food sources.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    That depends on your needs. Most women's multis should work for you. Also, take D ON TOP of your multi if your doctor told you to take it. I take a generic multivitamin, fish oil, D3, B12 and C. I take extra D3 and C during cold and flu season to bolster my immune system. All on doctor's orders.

I'm a fan of one-a-day. My mom uses Centrum. It's really up to you, and the size of pill you can take!
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    I use Kroger brand "One Daily." It gives me all kinds of energy and I have noticed a big difference in my general day to day feelings.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    That depends on your needs. Most women's multis should work for you. Also, take D ON TOP of your multi if your doctor told you to take it. I take a generic multivitamin, fish oil, D3, B12 and C. I take extra D3 and C during cold and flu season to bolster my immune system. All on doctor's orders.

I'm a fan of one-a-day. My mom uses Centrum. It's really up to you, and the size of pill you can take!

I take extra D and fish oil on top of my multi, which is the Target generic of One-A-Day women's.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I take the Women's Ultra Mega multivitamin from GNC...I really like it. I have a super-sensitive stomach, and this is the only one I've taken that doesn't make me nauseous....and it has a lot of good stuff in it.
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What type of fish oil do you recommend? One that doesn't have a fish after taste? Thanks! :smile:
  • mattdm6969
    Options
    Most multivitamins are junk, especially the ones sold at GNC and Drug stores. Even decent supplement brands (take Opti-Women by Optimum Nutrition as an example) use poor form factors. The two best I've seen for women are Source Naturals Life Force Women's and NOW foods EVE.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I tried about 3 different multivitamins and all of them me queezy to my stomach. I tried taking them with lots of food, different meal times and ended up going to my physician to see what was going on. He told me that not "everyone" can take some multivitamins so I am taking a "prenatal vitamin" as I had no problems taking it when pregnant. The doctor recommended I stick with it as it has all that "I" need. Good Luck finding one to suit your needs!
  • mattdm6969
    Options
    What type of fish oil do you recommend? One that doesn't have a fish after taste? Thanks! :smile:

Any in Tri-Glyceride form. It will say on the bottle, but the best rule of thumb is that any that has 300mg or less of Omega 3 per 1-1.2 gram pill will be triglyceride form. The other concentrates double strength etc will not.
  • Briana31
    Briana31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Briana31
    Options
    Most multivitamins are junk, especially the ones sold at GNC and Drug stores. Even decent supplement brands (take Opti-Women by Optimum Nutrition as an example) use poor form factors. The two best I've seen for women are Source Naturals Life Force Women's and NOW foods EVE.
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks much!
  • Briana31
    Options
    I agree 100% with mattdm...go with a better brand. I like source Naturals. Solaray, or country life. My favorite is New Chapter Organics and Life Extension. but...to answer your question. yes do take a D3 supplement like your DR. suggested.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Here's a very high quality multivitamin:

http://www.vitacost.com/Vitacost-Synergy-Womens-Multi-Vitamin

I've been taking the men's version the last week and have noticed a lot more energy.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Either Source Naturals Life Force Multp for Women or NOW EVE. If money really isn't an issue AOR Orthocore
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Personally I use Animal Pak by Universal Nutrition... The company has been around for years and the quality is very good! My next option is Orange Triad or Optimen or Optiwomen