Steroid injection- effect on weight training?

Options
I had a prednisone injection today (for medical issue unrelated to exercising) and I'm wondering if that would have any effect on my weight training over the next month or so. According to the doc, the steroid stays active in the body for up to 3 months with an injection. Might be a good time for me to try to push myself a little harder on the weight increases.........

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I had a prednisone injection today (for medical issue unrelated to exercising) and I'm wondering if that would have any effect on my weight training over the next month or so. According to the doc, the steroid stays active in the body for up to 3 months with an injection. Might be a good time for me to try to push myself a little harder on the weight increases.........
    It depends. Is the a one time injection or will you inject daily, every other day? Anyway, you may get some bloat but that depends on the steroid.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    one time. Have some recurring sinus issues which the doc hopes will be helped by a steroid boost.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    The steroid doesn't sound anabolic (the one that builds muscle, not all steroids build muscle)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Get ready for insomnia, depression and other side effects
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    you will suddenly start lifting 200% more weight and yelling at people while driving to work
    lol i was just tryina be funny probably what addison said is correct
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    you will suddenly start lifting 200% more weight and yelling at people while driving to work
    lol i was just tryina be funny probably what addison said is correct

Addison doesn't know squat about roids :-O
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    haha now everyone things i'm a n00b!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Its funny how I get bruises on my triceps from my allergy shots every month. Guys at the gym always ask me where I score my juice LOL!!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The steroid doesn't sound anabolic (the one that builds muscle, not all steroids build muscle)
    I went straight to Anabolic. You're right.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Get ready for insomnia, depression and other side effects

I've done rounds of oral prednisone before and the insomnia was a pain. No issues with depression though.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

Its funny how I get bruises on my triceps from my allergy shots every month. Guys at the gym always ask me where I score my juice LOL!!!
    hhhmm that's a crappy alibi bro :laugh:
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    ^If anyone injects their biceps with steroids they are asking for trouble. Anabolic steroids are intramuscular, you need a much "meatier" area. There is a reason your doctor gives you shots in your butt or shoulder.
  • addisondisease2
    Options

Give them my number :wink:
  • rjt1000
    Options

damn, i get to deal with the insomnia, the pain in the *kitten* (yes, the shot freaking hurts) and don't even get big bulky muscles as a payoff. And walking is actually painful right now from the stinking shot. Right in the muscle with a nice big needle.
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    Yeah OP, sorry, most doctors don't give out anabolics for non muscle related issues.

But hey if you want to take your training to the next level, and add something that is almost as strong as steroids, try eating. Food is one of the most legal and safest anabolics out there. Learn how to eat smart and you can get big on your own.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options
    DAA is some good stuff
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Prednazone isn't an anabolic steroid, you'll notice no difference in your lifting.