side ache when running

Options
I get the same side ache in the same place every time I run. What can I do to get rid of it while I'm running, but mostly to get rid of it for good? Thanks!

Hmm, i haven't noticed if it's related to what i'm eating before. I'll try to remember that. It's on my right side under my ribs nearer to my back than front.

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, kinda depends where the ache is, because where it is tells you whether it's a muscle or not. If I eat something that's not bread or really light before I run, I end up getting aches down lower on my side, because my intestines cramp up. If I don't get enough salt or potassium during the day, I get muscle cramps in my abs on the sides. If I pull my shoulders up while running, I'll get oblique cramps, and if I don't swing my hips right, I'll get lower cramps. I'll also get diaphragm pain now and then, which radiates out under my ribs, usually out of the blue or if it's a hot day and I'm pushing too hard. It's rather hard to know how to fix something when you have to know specifically where and what it is in order to do so. ;)