what if a guy just said "hi" to you at the gym?

Options

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i'd be like

"how you doinnnnnnnnnn"

unless you're ugly...

then i'm like

"no speaki english"
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Probably just wave or a simple "hi" back. Unless it's like that one guy who just sits and stares at women, sitting near their machines and then when they go to get off, he goes "Hi." and then moves to watch somebody else. Then I'd just give him a dirty look. On the flip side, if the same guy (or girl for that fact) said hi to me, I'd probably try to start up a conversation. Could become gym buddies or something!

^^^ this... Except for the gym buddy part... Not sure anyone would want to be my gym buddy,
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Try having a guy look up at you and say "hi" when you walk into the women's locker room! Turns out the 'guy' was a registered female....but he didn't look like a female..looked like a very buff man with 5 oclock shadow and all...scared the bejeezez outta me, let me tell you.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ehh..I think I would need a little more than a hi unless he just wanted someone to say hi to him..like "hi.." ......"hi"....end conversation. lol. There is plenty of phrases one could say to strike up more of a conversation, but overall, won't get no where by not saying anything, so I would applaud the effort :smile:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    blush and say hi back.
    then be uber self-conscience.
    i am shy like that.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    He probably wants to sleep with me.

He definitely wants to sleep with me.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    He's being nice. I'll just say hi back.
  • Massageu2
    Options
    It depends on the approach. I have met several very nice gentlemen who have spoken up to say "hi". There are some creepers that say "hi" while staring at my chest or butt and those are the ones that get the brush off.
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    I would crap my pants.
    Haha
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    In my gym we actually all say hi to each other........it is just common courtesy imho.....
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    .... are you maybe in his way as he's heading to his workout?

I would just say "Hi" back. But then, I'm fairly extroverted, and just assume that people who say "Hi" are just saying "Hi"...

it's a greeting.
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    since I consider myself a social freak (anxiety issues) -- I would look at him like he was crazy and keep on going.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Probably just wave or a simple "hi" back. Unless it's like that one guy who just sits and stares at women, sitting near their machines and then when they go to get off, he goes "Hi." and then moves to watch somebody else. Then I'd just give him a dirty look. On the flip side, if the same guy (or girl for that fact) said hi to me, I'd probably try to start up a conversation. Could become gym buddies or something!

Agreed.

btw, you're ticker is cute... in a creepy pet cemetery kinda way :-)
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would crap my pants.

I lol'd.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'd return the greeting. I don't mind a polite hi or nod or whatever but I'd be hoping they don't want to chat further or want anything: I'm one of those people who doesn't want to chatty chat or be flirted with at the gym.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'd say hi back, especially if it's just "hi" and you're smiling or look happy.
  • longhaul64
    Options
    This subject makes me laugh. Reminds me of a vacation I took to the Keys some years back. Some dude in a black speedo, with long black hair, and enough gold around his neck to be a junior Mr.T. He was standing next to the bar out by the pool, and every woman that
    walked by got "hey baby". :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Punch them in the face and tell them it better never happen again!!! How dare they!!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Depends on the way he says it really...but for the most part I would just think he is just being friendly.

Of course, if he says it with a bit of a flirty smile then I'd think he thought I was hot...haha

Either way though I'd probably blush and look at my feet...lol
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    I'd look him up and down, take a deep breath, and say "hey" while giving him a head nod.