Cheeseburger Pie...mmmmm!!

Options
mfoster1019
mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
Found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked fantastic!

http://family.go.com/food/pkg-family-approved-recipes/recipe-633078-cheeseburger-pie-t/

I haven't made this yet, but can't wait to try it. I am planning to make the following "healthier" substitutions:

reduced fat crescent rolls instead of regular
ground turkey instead of ground beef
onion powder instead of chopped onion (we aren't big fans of onion)
dill pickle relish instead of chopped pickle (this is more for ease, not nutrition because it is just about the same)
omitting pickle juice (hubby isn't a huge fan of pickles so didn't want to overdo the flavor of pickles)
fat free milk instead of regular milk
Sargento 2% Mexican shredded cheese instead of shredded American

Wow, looks like I'm pretty much altering almost every ingredient...oh well :laugh: May not be the most healthy thing in the world, but it's healthier than the original and will most like curb my craving for cheesey hamburgers .

I put this into the MFP recipe calculator and made it for 6 servings. 1 serving is:

357 calories, 19g fat, 22g carb, 28g protein, 825mg sodium, 6 g sugar

Replies

• vmassey88
    Options
    bump!!!!
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i actually made this earlier in the week. i made all of the substitutions i talked about except i completely omitted the relish (hubby threw a fit that pickles would be in it). it turned out pretty good. it ended up being 305 calories per serving (6 srevings total) because one of the rolls didn't go into the dish and i didn't use as much cheese as i originally estimated.
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    Options
    I am this about a week ago and its super tasty. It will def be apart of my recipe book!