Early start on our bikini diet! :)

So, my best friend Alex and I have almost always tried to do a bikini diet. Unfortunately, we always start in May, and never really stick to it.
This year, we decided to start EARLY, and we're doing a blog to actually be held accountable.

Anyway, a little about me.

I've never been fat. But I've also never been super skinny as most teens my age (I'm 17) dream of. Last year (my sophomore year), I broke up with my boyfriend to date the Brazilian exchange student..and he eventually went back home..from there, I gained weight. It was awful. I'm 5'9'', and I hit 167. It was just 2 pounds away from being "overweight" on the BMI scale. That was terrifying.

Thankfully, through cross country (we're both long time runners), I got down to my starting weight of 158. In the meantime, my dad bought plane tickets to Brazil. Another Brazilian friend asked me (I speak Portuguese, by the way), if I already had my bikini.
EEK.
Bikini?!
I've never worn one. EVER.
But then I decided, why not? I'll dedicate myself to this diet, and make it happen.
After only 3 weeks of My Fitness Pal, I'm down to 152.5. :) SO lovely. I have 20 days left until I go to Brazil, and my goal is to be in the 140s. Even if it's 149.9, I will be happy.
:)
My ultimate goal weight would be 130, as the lowest healthy weight for my height is 127.
Let's go :D

Replies

• good luck! i'm trying to lose 12 lbs as well! i'm 5'4...137 is where i am and i want to be at 125 again! ha and im with ya with never wearing a bikini! i'd love to join a "bikini" diet with you!
  • Zumbaeng
    Zumbaeng Posts: 28 Member
    I'm not 17 (so sad over that) but I know what you are talking about. You can add me and we can talk smack about all those skinny chicks on TV we secretly hate. It always make me feel better. :happy:
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    wow!! brazil seems awesome. Keep at your goal and you will make it. Your gonna rock your Bikkini!!!
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 44 Member
    I totally know how that goes. But I would say I'm even worse off. I'm about 5'3" and I've been told I've got the shoulders of a linebacker. Not a cool thing to hear. So yeah, I'm bigger built and I weigh a whoppin' 170 right now. I hate it!!!!!!!!!!! It's not healthy. But looking at me I guess most people wouldn't realise how much I weigh. I also wanna lose this weight and get ready for a bikini-friendly summer. Feel free to add me too. :)