low calorie breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Once a week, I will take veggies that need to get used from the crisper, meats that need to get used, and the bits from the bottom of the cheese bags and make mini quiches using egg white or egg beaters. Most come in under 100 cals per muffin...some ideas to use:

green, red, orange, and yellow peppers
    onions
    spinach
    broccoli
    zucchini
    sun dried tomatoes
    roma tomatoes
    green onions
    celery
    carrots
    etc

Cheddar cheese
    feta
    blue cheese

turkey sausage
    tofusausage
    bacon bits
    tofubacon
    tuna
    taco meat

One fun combination that doubles for a lunch treat is onion, celery, shredded carrots, and tuna with egg whites
    I also love using spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta for a meditteranean cup
    Peppers, onions, sausage, and cheddar with a little shredded hashbrowns for a skillet feel
    taco meat, tomatoes, onions, cheddar for a tex-mex

I make a weeks worth and put them in the freezer, but they will keep in the fridge for about 5 days. You can pretty much use anything. Take a mini-quiche, toast a sara lee 90 calorie bagel, and an apple and viola! Under 250 cal, quick and filling!
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    I just made something 5 mins ago which I'm reality excited about sharing! :P

Healthy crêpes!!!

Ingredients (makes 1 crêpe):
    — 1 x Egg
    — 50g Greek Yogurt (about 2 tablespoons)
    — Topping of your choice

1. Simply whisk together the egg and the greek yogurt with a fork then place the creamy mixture onto a plate with raised edges (to avoid overflow) and stick it in the microwave for roughly 2 minutes...
    2. Remove from microwave and carefully peel the crêpe base from the plate (I didn't need any oil, it just comes off)
    3. Add a topping of your choice... I used cottage cheese which made for an awesome tasting savoury crêpe.

All up each crêpe is roughly 125 calories, 12g protein, 9g carbs, and 9g fat... Plus any topping you add.

Kinda proud of this one :) Please if you have any topping ideas, message me them!!!! I really want ideas for healthy toppings :)
  • jarrodc
    Options
    Light egg mc muffin:

Thomas multigrain English muffin
    1tbsp of whipped cream cheese
    1 egg white (microwave it for 1-2 minutes in a mug)
    1 slice of your fav, deli turkey
    1 slice of fav cheese (havarti with dill is great!)
    Tallies in at just under 250 cals

Totally smashing one of these after gym soon! Thanks :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I just made something 5 mins ago which I'm reality excited about sharing! :P

Healthy crêpes!!!

Ingredients (makes 1 crêpe):
    — 1 x Egg
    — 50g Greek Yogurt (about 2 tablespoons)
    — Topping of your choice

1. Simply whisk together the egg and the greek yogurt with a fork then place the creamy mixture onto a plate with raised edges (to avoid overflow) and stick it in the microwave for roughly 2 minutes...
    2. Remove from microwave and carefully peel the crêpe base from the plate (I didn't need any oil, it just comes off)
    3. Add a topping of your choice... I used cottage cheese which made for an awesome tasting savoury crêpe.

All up each crêpe is roughly 125 calories, 12g protein, 9g carbs, and 9g fat... Plus any topping you add.

Kinda proud of this one :) Please if you have any topping ideas, message me them!!!! I really want ideas for healthy toppings :)

Yum!!! I'd add a smidge of vanilla to the crepe mix and top with strawberries or peaches with cinnamon! Totally trying this!
  • jarrodc
    Options
    Yum!!! I'd add a smidge of vanilla to the crepe mix and top with strawberries or peaches with cinnamon! Totally trying this!

Can't believe I hadn't thought of cinnamon and vanilla essence for the sweet version! Gonna try this on my next one, I think I'll opt for banana slices but :) And I'll probably add a tiny bit of stevia with the cinnamon to make it more like donut cinnamon! :D

• Hesslau
    Options
    poached egg with dry bird man dread toast.
    go for it, keeps you full for at least 3 hours.
  • jarrodc
    Options
    dry bird man dread toast.

What is this?
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    My current fave is 1/2 cup egg whites with an 1/8 cup sharp cheddar and a teaspoon or so of sriracha sauce, over a half an English muffin (no butter!).

Egg whites: 63 cal. (13 grams protein!)
    Sriracha: 5 cal.
    Cheese: 55 cal.
    Eng. muffins: 65

And drink...
    8oz skim milk: 80 cal.

Total: 268 cal
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    poached egg with dry bird man dread toast.
    go for it, keeps you full for at least 3 hours.

hahah... is this an autocorrect moment of brilliance?
  • Luryso
    Luryso Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thomas muli-grain english muffin - 1/3 daily diber = 100 calories
    Egg whites = 25ish calories
    Jennie O Turkey Sausage Patty - 50 calories
    Slice Fat free Kraft American cheese - 25 calories
    Salsa - 10 calories

Cook the sausage patty first and then slice it into small pieces. Put the pieces back in the pan and pour the egg whites over the sausage. As the eggs cook, similar to an omelet, begin folding the sides over the sausage. Once you have the sausage enveloped with egg, flip it to cook it on the other side.

Brown the english muffin. Put salsa on it. Take the egg/sausage concoction out and put it on the muffin. Add the cheese.

I swear it tastes better than McDonalds for 1/3 of the calories. 1 serving is about 210 calories, but feels like 600.

14805089.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RuralShutterbug
    RuralShutterbug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My stand by (and very quick & filling) 1/4 cup rolled oats (not quick oats) Pour a little boiling water over, just enough to soften, not drown. Leave with a plate over for a couple of minutes then add 100g tub probiotic yoghurt... yummy and filling. Add fresh fruit also if you want.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Looking through my diary at recent breakfasts here is what I have...

Porridge then some melon with parma ham = 285 cals
    3 egg omelette with mushrooms (cooked in 1cal spray oil) = 274 cals (you could make it a 2 egg omelette and reduce it by 88cals)
    New York Bagel and soft cheese = 274 cals
    2 x Crumpets with strawberry jam = 232 cals

Well I appear to be a creature of habit because these are my breakfast staples over the last 2 months!!! x
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every day:
    Thomas's Triple health english muffin: 100 cal
    with 1 teaspoon of butter with olive oil:45 calories
    3/4 of a fuji apple:50 cal
    2 chocolate calcium chews: 30 cal
    1 hard boiled egg with 1/2 the yolk:45 calories
    i cup of green tea, unsweetened: 0 calories

Total: 270 calories and it really fills me up. I've actually been skipping my morning snack since I added the english muffin. Before that, I was eating just the egg and apple, and I wasn't really full. For the extra 145 calories (including butter), I stay way fuller, way longer.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love these ideas. :)
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I tried the breaky bake:
    6x eggs
    100ml skim milk
    2 x cups mushrooms
    2x tomatos
    3x slices multigrain bread (torn up)
    5x cups baby spinich
    100gms danish feta (crumbled)
    1x capsicum
    2x teaspoons crushed garlic

Mix it all up like an omlette and bake it, slice it into 5 portions and it is filling, nutritious and yummy. Im not a breakfast person but this is amazing. Around 200 calories per serve depending on what you put in it.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink: i make a breakfast casserole that gives me breakfast for about 5 days....6-8 eggs, non-fat milk, non-fat sour cream, light shredded cheese and veggies (I like brocolli and mushrooms), this comes out to a little less than 200 calories a serving. Super yummy and gets some good veggies and protein in first thing in the morning.

That sounds great! Yum! Do you pre-cook the veggies or put them in raw?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every day:
    Thomas's Triple health english muffin: 100 cal
    with 1 teaspoon of butter with olive oil:45 calories
    3/4 of a fuji apple:50 cal
    2 chocolate calcium chews: 30 cal
    1 hard boiled egg with 1/2 the yolk:45 calories
    i cup of green tea, unsweetened: 0 calories

Total: 270 calories and it really fills me up. I've actually been skipping my morning snack since I added the english muffin. Before that, I was eating just the egg and apple, and I wasn't really full. For the extra 145 calories (including butter), I stay way fuller, way longer.

lol, may I ask why just 3/4 of an apple? Seems like a strange amount :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat two packs of microwavable quaker oatmeal (or any brand will do). I choose the low sugar kind, tastes just as good as its original. This adds up to 260 calories if you get that kind of oatmeal. And it's filling!!!
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tofu scramble and fruit salad. Yogurt. Kashi go lean cereal with a half cup unsweetened almond milk.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Weetabix Crunchy Bran with 1% milk - usually fills me up for a few hours :-)