In five weeks you will weigh

Options
I'm trying to figure out how MFP makes their predictions. One day I went over 1200 calories but I had exercised a lot and it predicted my lowest weight so far. Today I didn't go over and I exercised a little and the prediction went up four pounds. So I ate a little more to get my calories closer to 1200 and the prediction went up even more. I don't get it...

Replies

• texastumbleweed1
    Options
    bump
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i dont get it either....the weight it said today i look at my boyfriend and said why the heck wouldnt i continue to eat this way if i'd be way skinnier??
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    The 5 week counter looks at nothing but calories. If your goal is to lose 1 lb per week and you eat at your goal it will *magically* tell you that you'll be 5 lbs lighter in 5 weeks..
    if 2 lbs per week then 10 lbs in 2 weeks. It's just a reference.. hey you did good today you're inline with your goals, but if you under-eat it may tell you you'll lose more than is possible/ likely, and if you over-eat it'll be a higher weight, just a snapshot based on todays calories of what you could be like in 5 weeks.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    All it is is a math calculation based on the set up of your numbers.. nothing more.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you don't realize that it's looking at your NET calories, not your TOTAL calories. For example, if you ate 1400 but burned off 600, that brings you to only 800 net calories for the day.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mine tells me I'll be 118lbs in five weeks. I know I want be. I'll be lucky to lose two pounds in the next 5 weeks.

I want to adjust my goal. Not sure how.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I don't pay any attention to that stupid thing. It's a crock.