Looking for encouragement/motivation

Options
Hello! I'm a 32 year-old nurse practitioner who has been overweight all my life. My mom had a heart attack in her early 50's and has arthritis, diabetes, etc. I don't want to turn into her.

I'm 5'7" and want to lose at least 40 pounds. I do Zumba at the gym at least twice a week, and do BodyPump (weights) at the gym and at least 1 The Firm DVD (usually sculpting) a week. I know slow and steady wins the race, so am not into fad diets, supplements, etc. I am counting calories and increasing activity to lose.

I also hope my patients will listen more when I'm not an overweight woman telling them to eat less and work out more. Trying to practice what I preach.

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome.

I'm a firm believer that you do have to exercise but you also have to eat.

I find myself eating more now that I ever have in my life. Of course it's healthier and more nutritious than ever before but I do seem to be eating, cooking or moving.

My only piece of advice is to make sure you pay attention to your NET calories.

Total Calories minus your exercise calories = your net calories

Be aware and be careful not to let these fall below your calories that MFP sets for you.

And don't go hungry.

Eat, Move, enjoy life. =)
  • mom22qties
    Options
    I am here to help encourage and support you. Feel free to add me!! The more support I think we have the better off we are. :)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm an MD who also likes to practice what I preach. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you like. :-)
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there, please feel free to add me as well. Cheers!