Gastric Bypass

Options
I had the gastric bypass on November 17th 2008 and I weighed 264.

Today April 19th 2009 I weight 196.

I wanna get down to 150 by August for my daughter birthday

If anyone has any questions just ask away :wink:

cilla

Replies

• princesitapr423
    Options
    I had the gastric bypass on November 17th 2008 and I weighed 264.

Today April 19th 2009 I weight 196.

I wanna get down to 150 by August for my daughter birthday

If anyone has any questions just ask away :wink:

cilla
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Options
    :happy: hello i have heard alot of people talking about this surgery, can you give me some info on it. thanks
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    If you eat right and exercise you should be able to do it, or at least get really close. Either way you made a choice that worked for you and you should be proud of yourself for making a choice to lose weight.

On the flip side, I have two friends that have had this surgery, one about 10 years ago and one about 4 years ago and both have stated that if they had the choice to do it again they wouldn't. Mostly I think it is because of the stomach issues and extra skin from such rapid weight loss. Just make sure you take care of yourself and talk to your doctor as soon as any issues arise. Oh, and side note, one of them is slowly but surely gaining his weight back so you still need to make sure you are doing what you need to do to maintain your weight once you get there.

:flowerforyou: You have 46 lbs to lose in 103 days (that's an aug 1 deadline, I don't know your actual goal date) so you better get away from the puter and get moving.....good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • princesitapr423
    Options
    what info do you want about the surgery

cilla?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!