Finding the Time (Need Tips)

Options
I know one of the biggest excuses is "I'm too busy to workout" and that's a big one for me. For instance, I was home all of 10 minutes between picking the kids up after work and taking them to their 4-H meeting. I finally got home and got to take my heels off at 8:30pm. Then it was rush to make dinner before their bed times. This is my night a couple times a week, and that's not counting at least an hour a night dedicated to helping with homework. Add in chores like doing the dinner dishes (no disherwasher - it's by hand) or doing laundry (which thankfully is in a washing machine) and I'm lucky to get an hour to unwind from the day before I get to bed.

I am determined to clean out my garage to organize my own little work out station out there, complete with the P90X dvds I just purchased this weekend. Trouble is, with those workouts being at least 45 minutes EVERY DAY, I am hard-pressed finding that much time in my hectic day to commit to it and keep the commitment. I want to, but apart from doing the workout right before bed, I can't seem to figure out where else I'll have time. The downside? Exercise-initiated endorphin highs tend to give me a second wind on the day and I don't want to end up an insomniac because 9pm is the only time I can work out.

Any tips and tricks from other uber-busy working parents? :bigsmile:

Replies

• sjfitlife
    sjfitlife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you tried working out in the morning, I'm a busy mom and get up early to exercise because I know afternoons are busy for me. It will be hard at the beginning but so worth it!