Are you a NOMOPHOBE? Chances are you are..........

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think there are many more "carbophobes" on this site :P

CARBS?! where?! Im scared :sad: :sad:

someone hold me :(

only if you hold me, too. I'm shaking.... :sad:

We need to start CA (Carbs Anonymous)

Evil Tater is coming for you all....

6287394983_b80a970bac.jpg

I eated his sweet brother...

You shall be his first victim then... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    I am unfortunately. However, I work with several very well to do persons (when I say well to do, I mean VERY wealthy and smart .... like hate debt, love debt free living). They have a no frills phone and it surprised me the first few times I saw this (phone rings and they pull out their phone and flip it open). Then I began to see a pattern .... hmmmmm.
    That's me! Don't like debt so I pay it off ASAP and will sacrifice to do it. Guess that's why I'm such a cheap skate.

Oh and I have a flip phone too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I am unfortunately. However, I work with several very well to do persons (when I say well to do, I mean VERY wealthy and smart .... like hate debt, love debt free living). They have a no frills phone and it surprised me the first few times I saw this (phone rings and they pull out their phone and flip it open). Then I began to see a pattern .... hmmmmm.
    That's me! Don't like debt so I pay it off ASAP and will sacrifice to do it. Guess that's why I'm such a cheap skate.

IDEA Fitness member

Same here. Works great for us though. Cheap and happy!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

Pretty sure this means afraid to NOT have carbs. And yes, I am.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

CARBS?! where?! Im scared :sad: :sad:

someone hold me :(

only if you hold me, too. I'm shaking.... :sad:

We need to start CA (Carbs Anonymous)

Evil Tater is coming for you all....

6287394983_b80a970bac.jpg

I eated his sweet brother...

LMAO!! Poor ninerbuff...we hijacked the thread
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

sadly, some of us with the old flip phones are just dinosaurs lol...I wish I was well to do ;) I have the old flip phone that you have to press the buttons three times to get to the correct letter...I get irritated with it when I text, but otherwise don't care...I don't have web access on my phone, I'm on the computer enough as it is LOL.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've got a Galaxy s2 and I love it but there are times when I leave my phone at home on purpose. It can be rather freeing
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nomophobia is the fear of not having mobile phone contact. So do you freak out if you don't have your phone on you or if you can't locate it? So many rely on their phones and have tons of apps.
    I'm proud to say I'm not. I have a standard phone that just rings and takes messages. No frills.

IDEA Fitness member

I found my twin!!

My phone is also "generic," no texting, no apps, not internet access, just a fancy ring and VM. Take pictures, keep pictures can't send them to anybody. Most of the time the phone is off, in another room, or sleeping in my handbag.
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nope, all my friends are though :laugh:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Well I freak out if I don't know where my phone is, but I can have it on silent and not look at it for over half the day... so no I don't think I am.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. I have a Straight Talk phone. It calls, texts,and nothing else. If I lost it, I've got the home phone, and I'd deal. Much simpler that way, and I like it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love my smartphone, but I never take it to the gym.

Well...

I take mine and I first "check in" with Foursquare and then I log my weights/reps in Jefit which also has a timer for between sets. Then right before I go home I post on Facebook how my workout rocked, and I see if I got any new emails while working out... :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Definitely not. I have a Straight Talk phone. It calls, texts,and nothing else. If I lost it, I've got the home phone, and I'd deal. Much simpler that way, and I like it.

I don't have a home phone any more. I don't see the point in paying monthly bills for 2 phones, especially since the landline makes me pay extra if someone doesn't live in my town.
  • cavemancop
    cavemancop Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im pretty sure that this country would be in total anarchy if everyone had their cellphone and or the internet cut off after a maximum of three days
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I'll admit it. Looked at my bill and my texts are about 8-10,000 a month :P I sleep with it in my bed next to me

To add to this I text while driving, in the shower, at the gym (while still running a 7:30 mile) and pretty much any other time you can think of. And yes I have nearly bulldozed someone over on the track while running since I wasn't paying attention xD
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I admit it...I freak out if I can't find my phone...but now I'm a taterphobe. Evil Tater skerrs me :frown:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I'll admit it. Looked at my bill and my texts are about 8-10,000 a month :P I sleep with it in my bed next to me

To add to this I text while driving, in the shower, at the gym (while still running a 7:30 mile) and pretty much any other time you can think of. And yes I have nearly bulldozed someone over on the track while running since I wasn't paying attention xD

Texting while driving is illegal here in NC. And since you nearly ran into someone on the track, watch out you don't plow into someone on the highway...
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options

This!!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

Texting while driving is illegal here in NC. And since you nearly ran into someone on the track, watch out you don't plow into someone on the highway...

This. Where I live it's mostly 3 lanes of traffic in one direction and I see people swerving into my lane all the time texting. Very very scary!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

I am totally going into mommy-mode here...Quit texting and driving! A young woman with a bright future in my area was killed because she was distracted by her phone. She slammed right into the back of a semi. She is the third young person with a bright future to be killed in this area for such a stupid thing. The text can wait...your life (and the life of others) is worth more than that.