How many meals a day do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I have a 300-400 calorie lunch but usually divide it in two meals. This helps my metabolism to burn it all off.

I don't mean to be rude, but you could probably eat it all at once, either way... dividing it up doesn't mean your metabolism will magically burn it all off. Your body doesn't work that way.
  • thekateb
    Options
    When I was thin I never ate breakfast and usually had a very small late lunch and then ate the majority of my calories at dinner. I am aiming for a similar schedule as I lose this weight I have packed on in the last 6 months. For me, personally, I have tried eating breakfast and small meals etc; however, (again for me - I am not judging) regardless of what I eat early in day I will eat just as much at dinner. As a matter of fact, the less I eat during the day usually leads to me not overeating at night. (I like to keep up the progress I think.) Don't know if it's pyschological or physical but that's what worked for me in the past so that's how I roll. Moral of the story: experiment and then listen to your body and do what works for you!

I find this to be very true for me. Eating breakfast seems to lead to more eating in general for me. Everytime I try to eat 5-6 times a day I seem to gain weight!
  • MrsAngelique
    MrsAngelique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have a 300-400 calorie lunch but usually divide it in two meals. This helps my metabolism to burn it all off.

I don't mean to be rude, but you could probably eat it all at once, either way... dividing it up doesn't mean your metabolism will magically burn it all off. Your body doesn't work that way.

Yes, I guess I could eat it all at once but chose not to. I have noticed that by diving it in two I stay full longer and/or fill my hunger craving without adding the extra calories. Also I read that our body only produces so much to burn off at a time and if we stuff our stomachs with more than our metabolism can burn off than that our body stores that as fat. I may be wrong but this is what I have read and been told.