Trying to Get Healthy

Options
I just joined the Gym for the first time in 30 years. I just joined this site tonight. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but have gotten bored with their program. I am wanting to start eating healthy and taking better care of myself. Looking for advice and encouragement.

Replies

• Alicai
    Alicai Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

:smile:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You just took the first important step! The problem with weight watchers is that most people do not put the work into the exercise end of things. So when they stop the weight watchers food they balloon up fast! Here the exercise is important! Good friends on here too. We should help motivate you through any problems! Thanks for coming aboard and glad to meet you!
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i'm an ex weight watcher :-)
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've done WW on and off for 8 years.....I've also tried SW and Paul McKenna too. In January, I've been under the advice of a qualificed Nutritionist, so far so good.

Weight management is 80% diet and 20% exercise. If you don't eat right, you will not lose the weight in the right way.

Book yourself in for a nutrition and programme appointment at the gym so you can get a tailored programme to suit your needs.

Aim for a clean diet, balanced work out programme, something you can maintain. You need to get yourself into the mindset that this is a change in lifestyle and not a diet, which is where a lot of people fall down.

I wish you every success, let us all know how you're getting on :)
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hey!!!
    good for you for joining a gym, i went back to gym yesterday for 1st time since november...... nearly died haha

fell free to add me :) xx