Not losing but sticking to calories and exercising :(

Options
Throughout the month of January I lost 15lbs...
February, I've been doing the same things but only lost 2lbs so far :(
This really getting me down, anyone else struggling like this?
I stick to my calories and I box 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes and try and fit in a couple of 60 minute walks!
MFP says I should be losing 2lbs a week but for the last 3 weeks I've only lost 2lbs in total :(
Help please...

Replies

• almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    That's the key right there! Your plateau will break eventually! Sometimes just a little tweak in your diet can do it. I began steaming asparagus 2 to three times a week with my dinner. Next thing you know, BOOM! I began losing again.
  • ianpye
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? another way to see progress
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    some people have a day off to shock theyre bodies or trick them you maybe eating too low so have a day off (not mad) it may trick your body?
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure this is a problem at all. You lost 15lbs in january! That is a huge loss in one month, give your poor bod a chance to get used to it and settle down. If you average your weightloss since Jan to today it is actually a little over 2lb a week loss. Don't give up, so long as you are in deficit and not by too much it should pick up - but take heart in the fact that, as I said, on average you have lost about the equivalent of 2lb/weekto date :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well done for sticking with it and reaching out instead of quitting. Try shaking up your diet or your exercise routine if you want, or just keep on trucking. Your body will get with the program again.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement guys, It's just so disheartening when you're trying so hard. I had a treat day last week to try and do the shock approach but seems it didn't do the trick! Quitting just isn't an option as I want to adopt a young child and to do so in the UK i've been told my BMI has to be under 30 :( It is 34+ at the moment!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    Options
    My wife and I adopted two little sisters! Wow was it ever worth it too! You'll love it!
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Check your inch loss !!

I've set myself a 30 days fitness challenge and I am now at day 21. I have been eating within my calories and exercising 6 days a week for no less than 40 minutes but sometimes more. Anyway, after one week I had gained weight, now at day 21, I have lost just under a pound - I kid you not, but the upside is that I have lost 17 inches from various areas of my body.

10696830.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouragement guys, It's just so disheartening when you're trying so hard. I had a treat day last week to try and do the shock approach but seems it didn't do the trick! Quitting just isn't an option as I want to adopt a young child and to do so in the UK i've been told my BMI has to be under 30 :( It is 34+ at the moment!

You can do this just keep going - and good luck with the adoption.

10696830.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I actually DO have a "spike" day. Every Sunday. I don't count calories and I have anything I want and I don't go to the gym (I will go for a walk outside if the mood strikes me). I write it all down so there is SOME accountability but I don't count the calories and this has helped me a ton!
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Over the past 6 or so weeks I've lost 19 pounds. They flew off at first and then last couple weeks have been a trickle. I'm just going to stick with the program and see where it gets me. I'm sure things will pick back up for you once your body realizes that your in this for the long haul. Changing up your menu or exercise routine might give you a boost. Good luck to you and Don't give up.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    My wife and I adopted two little sisters! Wow was it ever worth it too! You'll love it!

I've fostered for 9 years but now I want to be a forever mummy, I've been waiting for a social worker for 4 months but I need to shift this weight!! :(
  • KBreezy76
    Options
    All very good advice above, just mix up your workout every few weeks and you should see the loss again. And yes I did read somewhere that a "cheat" day will jump start your body!! Good luck and stay encouraged!!! You are doing great!!!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    Options
    you will do it! I can tell already you will and I just met you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I remember my second month vividly. I was crying because after 8 wks my body had stopped letting go. One of my friends said to eat all my calories for the day, then a bowl of icecream. :sick:

Icecream is not a trigger food for me, which is why we picked it. The phone call to her 1/2 way thru was hilarious, because I was :sad: ..........my brain thought it had gone over on calories, but it had not. I logged and then ate the extra 500 fat and sugar calories.

2 days later, Plateau gone!!

You can do this. Please give it time. Be patient! It will work.

(BTW I can lose no more than 1/2 a lb a week:grumble: . Took me a year to lose 36 pounds-so don't fret!!:wink: )
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

I've fostered for 9 years but now I want to be a forever mummy, I've been waiting for a social worker for 4 months but I need to shift this weight!! :(

It sucks that you can be a foster carer for so long and not 'fit in' to qualify for adoption. :angry:
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Wow! And you stuck to it! I've decided not to get back on the scales til the end of my second month and then i'll measure too so I can see inches and not just weight loss! Thanks again everybody, I feel better now :)
  • tinawharrison
    Options

It sucks that you can be a foster carer for so long and not 'fit in' to qualify for adoption. :angry:

It's disgusting isn't it! I've fostered 3 teenage boys all the way from coming to me to going to university, but no, too fat for a 3 years old! :(
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't concentrate on the scale too much. Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel. I have seen a lot of posts out here where people don't use their scales any more or concentrate mostly on inches lost. You'll be fine. Hang in there.:smile: