Greetings from SE London!

Options
Hi, I am doing LighterLife and using here to track my weigt loss (again....)

Lost 20kgs between the start of August and start of November last year, then had 3 months of being silly (and put 7kgs back on).

Been back on LL now for a week and have lost just over 3 kgs (7.2lbs), aiming for a loss of 10 kgs by the 31st of March, and another 15kgs by the Jubilee long weekend in June.

I hold a black belt in Shotokan karate, ran my own dojo back in Australia, hate gyms, and really hate running.

Have started working on kata in the park a few nights a week after work now that the days are longer and daylight prevails. Also doing Zumba on the Xbox Kinect. Will go to the gym again once I break double digits (26kgs to go)....I hate the way they stare (or how I think they are staring). Would like to cycle to work a couple of times a week (about 7 miles) when it gets warmer (and I get the bike serviced!)

I am a meal skipper, a PMS induced chocholic (at least I only eat it 1 or 2 days a month right?) Hardest thing is giving up booze and good bread. The Hussyband likes a drink or 10 and likes me drinking with him....at least me being back on LL means his (and my) liver gets a break.

Would like to meet some other UK based peeps - even better if you are around SE London we could maybe go for a walk sometime?

Cheers, E

Replies

• chrissiij
    chrissiij Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in London and always happy to find new friends! Would be great to get a "group" together for the occassional walk and healthy lunch. :)
  • shotochick
    shotochick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous! Maybe hit one of the heaths or parks in town?
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive done lighterlife cambridge celebrityslim weight to go they all work like all plans BUT it made me feel very low as your on such low calories
    Good luck with it I used to live in SE London Grove Park x
  • shotochick
    Options
    Hi Sandown - yes, the lack of calories makes for some interesting evenings asleep on the sofa by 8pm! Thanks for the encouragement - I am in Charlton :)
  • chrissiij
    Options
    Sounds fabulous! Maybe hit one of the heaths or parks in town?

Possibility! Also, maybe walking along the Thames, hitting up Borough Market along the way and finishing with some HEALTHY tapas or summat! :)
  • shotochick
    Options
    Possibility! Also, maybe walking along the Thames, hitting up Borough Market along the way and finishing with some HEALTHY tapas or summat! :)

Sounds good...or grab picnic supplies from Borough? If I go to Brindisa I must have their sangria :( Where you based? Noticed you are doing flamenco - did that for a while back in Oz, been to a few classes at Greenwich but work has been crazy last few months.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi there a a whole group of us sarf lundaners. We go regularly on walks around Crystal palace park and the more the merrier.

OK we've done 3, I think but I have done each of them, except the last two and they are fortnightly.

The walks are not major power struts but just enough so we don't waste our time, have a good social interraction and do some good.

the next one is this sunday @ 14.00, if you want details let me know, also I can put you intouch with fellow sarf lundeaners.

Anyone on this thread please feel free to connect
  • chrissiij
    Options

Sounds good...or grab picnic supplies from Borough? If I go to Brindisa I must have their sangria :( Where you based? Noticed you are doing flamenco - did that for a while back in Oz, been to a few classes at Greenwich but work has been crazy last few months.

I live in Enfield but have easy access to the City and am there many weekends.

I do flamenco in Soho with Ilusion Flamenca - it's great fun! :)
  • shotochick
    Options
    A wander around Crystal Palace this weekend sounds lovely! Can you send me the details...and it is late enough that the Hussybands hangover will have (hopefully) dissipated!
  • chrissiij
    Options
    I can't make anything this weekend. :( And Crystal palace is a bit too much the other way for me. :(
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll be coming to London this weekend (arriving Saturday morning). Would love to meet up for a walk or such.