Fage 0% Wonder food!

Options
Okay I know there are those who have already sang its praises so I will be brief.
I just had it for breakfast with Blackberries stirred in, I sweetened it with a bit of a sugar substitute and had a 136 calorie breakfast! I am really full and the pure protein will give me a great boost. Thick and creamy texture, nothing like those tiny cups of runny calories other yogurt makers sell.

For those who think it is too pricey, in my area $4.59 for just over 17 ounces. Trader Joe's Has a
0% Greek yogurt knock off of their own label. calories and ingredients the exact same stuff! $2.79! Taste test complete, I can't tell the difference!

My hubby and I have decided it is our official replacement for sour cream!

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Okay I know there are those who have already sang its praises so I will be brief.
    I just had it for breakfast with Blackberries stirred in, I sweetened it with a bit of a sugar substitute and had a 136 calorie breakfast! I am really full and the pure protein will give me a great boost. Thick and creamy texture, nothing like those tiny cups of runny calories other yogurt makers sell.

For those who think it is too pricey, in my area $4.59 for just over 17 ounces. Trader Joe's Has a
    0% Greek yogurt knock off of their own label. calories and ingredients the exact same stuff! $2.79! Taste test complete, I can't tell the difference!

My hubby and I have decided it is our official replacement for sour cream!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'd like to go ahead and take full credit for telling her to try it.....:laugh:

my costco has it in 35 oz containers for like 5-6 bucks.

AWESOME!!!!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I'd like to go ahead and take full credit for telling her to try it.....:laugh:

my costco has it in 35 oz containers for like 5-6 bucks.

AWESOME!!!!

Yes it is true,She inspired me to try it, sadly my Costco has not caught up to Fage Fever! Driving 100 miles to get it seems a bit extreme, so to Trader Joe's I went!
  • teresarae
    Options
    What is Fage? I have never heard of it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to try this, I hear so many good things about it. Does Sam's sell it? I might check out our local grocery stores as well. I am getting tired of the same old little yogurts, some have artificial sweeteners or just way too much sugar for me!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    You can do a google search to find where it is sold, Albertsons has it, but $1.89 for 6 ounces.

Some Costco locations, and Trader Joe's where I live.

Fage, pronounced Fah yeeh is Greek style yogurt, the 0% one is no fat at all. It is thick like old fashioned Sour Cream, more of the whey had been drained out than average yogurt. only 120 calories per cup! perfect substitution for sour cream which racks up at 492 calories per cup.