Cant seam to 'do' Breakfast!

Options
I just cant seam to summon up the energy to get out of bed early and eat breakfast. I just dont enjoy eating in the morning and i'd rather spend the extra time in bed sleeping. Ive tried going to bed earlier sometimes but its difficult as i dont finish work until 11pm most nights. I dont know why food just seams so unapealing in the morning!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you overcome it? And how?

Also if anyone has any recomendations for breakfast ideas or recipes then could you let me know?

Replies

• MrsBanks12
    MrsBanks12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first post, but I saw this and HAD to respond as I had the same problem!

It used to make me feel sick to eat when I got up, but I started off just having a protein shake or a cereal bar/nutri-grain etc. It's hard to start with as you have to force it down, but then you get used to it and you can work up to a "proper" breakfast.

I definitely started losing weight without trying so hard once I ate within about half hour/hour of getting up, it's definitely worth it!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    If you drink coffee with cream, switch the cream to milk. Let's you drink dairy..at least part of a serving. I drink a lot of coffee each morning, so I end up getting about a half cup of milk. Prob does not help you much, but maybe a little??? :wink:
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If it doesnt fit into your life, dont force it. Contrary to popular belief you dont have to eat first thing upon waking.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If it doesnt fit into your life, dont force it. Contrary to popular belief you dont have to eat first thing upon waking.

^ This.

Don't eat breakfast. Save your calories for later and enjoy your extra sleep.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast person but I've been trying to eat something in the AM. Like you, I hate getting up any earlier than I need to. Instead, I just bring something to work. Last week I made some hard boiled eggs and have been eating those. If you like oatmeal, maybe look into the Quaker Oatmeal cups. Basically it's all there for you, no need for a separate bowl, just add water and microwave!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't eat it if you don't want to. A lot of studies have shown meal time is irrelevant.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options

This. Some people may disagree, but breakfast unecessary. If you aren't hungry/don't want to eat it, then don't.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I used to be similar and for years and years could not eat until I had been up for at least 2 or so hours, before that, food made me feel nauseous.

I gradually overcame it by first having protein shakes in the morning - although I couldn't eat, I didn't mind drinking something, so that worked well. Eventually, it started to help me build up an appetite in the morning, and now I eat porridge with granola and fruit within 20 minutes of getting up.

If you can't handle solids, try liquids. If that is still too much, I used to wait until I got in to work and then eat breakfast at my desk at work, so I had been up a good while by then.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast except for a cup of coffee. I don't believe it's when you eat, it's what you eat and how much. :drinker:
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't force myself to eat or wake up early just to eat. There are many studies both ways saying you have to eat breakfast and others that say you don't. It's been MY experience that if I skip it, i end up eating a lot more during the day. I was like you, I would skip breakfast so what I started doing was with in an hour of waking up I would make a shake.. Simple just apple juice and a banana. You could also add a bit of "Alive" powder if you'd like. It's quick and easy.
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I struggle to eat breakfast too. On work days it's okay because I bring a yoghurt and banana with me and eat it at about 10 am. On the other days I sometimes don't have 'breakfast' until nearly midday.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's ok, I had two breakfasts this morning before work :laugh:
  • newfieborn
    Options
    I like to mix yogurt and cottage cheese. It is not heavy but it gives me both protien and carbs.
  • taranew21
    taranew21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think im going to try the protine shakes because i can drink in the mroning no problem.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I have drank protein shakes for breakfast since last May even though I can not stand the thought of breakfast. I thought that if I didn't eat breakfast my metabolism would slow and that it would help prevent further binging.
    I have been looking at research and stories on here and realized that meal frequency has no effect on metabolism, so I do not eat breakfast anymore. I am hungrier at night and now I have an extra 180 calories to get me through, and I feel much better.
    Do not force yourself to eat if you are not hungry.