Questin about tracking strength training

Options
Hello, I'm new to this and have a question about tracking my exercise. Twice a week I do a strength training routine (after a short warm-up on the bike). I was able to add the exercises I did, but it doesn't look like it tracked anything to my exercise minutes. I run three days a week as well, and I can tell you I work just as hard doing the strength training as when I run. Does strength training not count towards your fitness minutes? It's also not showing me any calories burned for this. Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks for any help anyone can give me :smile:

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this and have a question about tracking my exercise. Twice a week I do a strength training routine (after a short warm-up on the bike). I was able to add the exercises I did, but it doesn't look like it tracked anything to my exercise minutes. I run three days a week as well, and I can tell you I work just as hard doing the strength training as when I run. Does strength training not count towards your fitness minutes? It's also not showing me any calories burned for this. Am I doing something wrong?? Thanks for any help anyone can give me :smile:

Enter it under cardio :)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do Strength training almost everyday and log it under Cardio category .. there is an option of 'Strength training and Weight lifting'
    it gives out low calorie burn but I don't bother as I do a reasonable amount of burn everyday.
  • TraceyR68
    TraceyR68 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Excellent, thanks ladies!! I know it HAS to be cardio as I honestly sweat more with this program than I do running ... it's killer!! Thanks again :happy:
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and enter it under cardio.