I need breakfast idea help.

Options
I eat breakfast at work in the mornings. I don't like to eat when I first get up because it upsets my stomach, so I wait and eat at work. Recently I've been eating English muffins with cream cheese, but I think I need something different. What can I eat for breakfast that's filling and I can prepare it at work? I don't have time to "make" anything in the mornings to bring with me either since I'm busy getting my 3 1/2 year old twins ready for daycare. Any recommendations for me? Thanks!

Replies

• jgirl09
    Options
    Protein Shakes (I use Lean Shakes from GNC), you can boil some eggs and have a hardboiled egg with it, I always boil a dozen for the week that way their ready for whenever I want one.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    A bottled protein shake and a piece of fruit. I make smoothies and put the fruit in the shake, but that's a prepare at home thing.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday night and have a few each morning.
    Thomas Bagel Thins with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
    If you have a microwave at work you can make instant oatmeal there.
    Greek yogurt - you can mix in your favorite fruits, nuts, etc.

Hope this helps.
  • spoiledmiss
    Options
    One lady I work with eats hardboiled eggs, good protein and not too many calories. If you dont mind them cold you can keep them in a fridge or cooler until you are ready to eat them.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I bought the Jimmy Dean Delights... Turkey, Egg White and Cheese on a muffin they are only 260 calories. I try to stay under 300 calories for breakfast.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal, hardboiled eggs, microwave eggs in a cup or mug takes like 1-2 mins and you can add cheese or any veggies too.
  • tdyer10
    tdyer10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean makes a turkey sausage, egg white, and cheese muffin(whole grain). It's not bad at all!! It can be prepared in the microwave!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese and blueberries or apples and peanut butter are my go to breakfasts.
  • tdyer10
    tdyer10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @LCF!!! wow!! we must have been posting at the same time!
  • Neequie
    Options
    Fat Free greek yogurt!! I eat mine with a banana mixed in or other fruit, and half a scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein powder!! VERY filling, sticks with you a long time (because of the high protein) and is tasty!! 245 calories or under!!!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like getting the thin bagels that are only 110 calories. I change it up with different flavors of cream cheese only 1tbsp. though. Other days I will have one package of cream of wheat, or oatmeal. Our coffee station at work has a hot water tap so it's super quick and easy. Sometimes in the afternoon when I'm really hungry I will have cream of wheat as a snack too. It's not as heavy as oatmeal. I like the maple brown sugar and the cinnabon flavors the best. A friend of mine suggested plain cream of wheat with fresh fruit. Last idea I have for you is oikos greek yogurt. Very yummy indeed!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I take instant oatmeal, and fruit.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal with fruit! Any kind of fruit works like apple, raisins, berries.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I usually make a protein shake with almonds breeze, pb2, ice, and almond ext. I mix it up day to day so I don't get bored with the taste. Some days I grab a larabar and a piece of fruit.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I make an "egg thing" (frittata) that I bake up on Sunday and cut in slices. I bring it to work and microwave it. I just saute veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, whatever) add spices (italian, spicy, whatever), turkey or chicken sausage cut up and then pour over eggs and egg whites with a bit of milk, sun dried tomato, and tiny bit of cheese (full flavored such as parm or romano) and bake until it's done (30-60 minutes depending on how thick it gets). I even freeze it.

I have also premade/frozen breakfast "burritos" to heat up.

I also sometimes make a pot of steel cut oatmeal and heat that up during the week. It keeps all week in the fridge. It will "gel up" and look a little gross but add some hot water and microwave and you'd never know it wasn't 'fresh"

My other fave breakfast is plain greek yogurt + fruit.

Or a turkey sandwich (why not?)
  • MNM1010
    MNM1010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is egg muffins. Do you have access to a microwave at work? Pop these in for 35 seconds and done!

this is a variation of the recipe i use
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/scrambled-egg-muffins/
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of greek yogurt with fruit (blueberries, strawberries or bananas - or just honey), and a slice of toast with a little bit of Smart Balance Light (gluten free toast, but still :laugh: )

I could eat this everyday (and usually do, lol). It keeps me fuller longer.
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    I boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday night and have a few each morning.
    Thomas Bagel Thins with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
    If you have a microwave at work you can make instant oatmeal there.
    Greek yogurt - you can mix in your favorite fruits, nuts, etc.

Hope this helps.

sounds really good!!!
  • gmireles
    Options
    1 scrammbled egg with salsa taco. My fav...