Changing Goal weight..

Options
OK I am thinking that right now getting down to 135 is going to be a long term goal but I just need to get some weight off. My dad was in town and when I told him I want to lose another 30 lbs he looked at me like I lost my mind. He is like where..my stomach. That is where I carry ALL my weight now.

So talking to him and my dr..I have changed it down to 145 for NOW. When I get there..I will see how I feel and maybe adjust. I just want to weight right in the middle of what is healthy for my height. I am not sick in the head, just want to be on the lower side of normal weight.

Replies

• cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That may be wise. I have a friend who is very slender right now. Not unhealthy (she looks awesome), but I wonder if she doesn't know when to stop losing. She still eats like she's dieting (very little), and makes comments like, "Oh, I can't wait to lose another ten pounds."

I'm shooting for 140 myself (I'm 5'9 1/2 "), which is pretty darned slender. I may find, as I approach 150, that that's where I should stay. I remember when I was very slight that I got sick a LOT, and was always cold. I may not want to do that again.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    That is part of my problem is that when I get much below 145..my seat bones are very uncomfortable to sit on. I know that I can build the muscle up around it and that would make it better.

I also when eating at full calories am very active. For the last two summers I haven't been able to partake in my road biking because of eating such low calories. I have missed biking on Sunday mornings (early) and after work. I work on a beautiful base and the biking is fantastic. However, it wipes me out for 3 days.

IF I stop messing around I can drop this 25 lbs in the next month or so. I just have to stop goofing around. I was well on my way until Valentines day week which seemed to turn into a wine & chocolate fest.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    My current goal is 150, but honestly, I think once you get closer to where you want to be you'll have a good idea of what to do next. I want to lose fat, but I want to gain some muscle, so if I weight 160, but look great then that's fine with me. Good luck!