Skinny B****

Options
Has anyone read the book Skinny B*tch? If so, do you think it has helped you eat better? I'm thinking about getting it and want to see if it's worth it.

Replies

• Destinie589
    Options
    Bump* I want to know too
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Anyone familiar with this at all?
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yep. I own it and have read it. It's a decent book, really in your face, which some kind find offensive. It has helped me to better understand the food industry and thus has impacted my food choices, but my whole menu does not revolve around the books suggestions. I just make smarter choices.

I would recommend taking it out of a library instead of buying it.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have read it and love it! Worth the purchase! Its gross at times but funny too!!
  • lialuck13
    Options
    I love it for the most part. My only issue with the Skinny ***** lifestyle is that they don't want you to drink coffee, and I am a serious addict. :) haha
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It started out ok and then seemed to go totally crazy. They basically want you to become a vegan and not eat anything fun ever again. Not for me.
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    I read it, and I hated it. It's pretty offensive, and they're basically just crazy vegans. To me, their diet seems unrealistic, and they find so many things "wrong" with foods that aren't really bad for you. I thought it would help me out, but it just left me feeling discouraged.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've read it and both my husband and I followed that lifestyle for about 6 months a few years ago. I felt good on it but it just wasn't something we could sustain long term for our lifestyle.
  • amoeba15
    amoeba15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought it based on recommendation from someone and then promptly returned it. It's crass and insulting. They pretty much call you fatasses throughout the book. (I'm already a vegan anyway but their tactics of trying to get others vegan by being insulting is just pathetic.)

Try reading 21 Day Weight Loss Kickstart instead if you're interested in a good vegan diet book. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/21-day-weight-loss-kickstart-neal-d-barnard/1100173126
  • toniachoi
    Options
    It's pretty much a vegan/vegetarian based diet.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    bump.

I opened this thread because it was about skinny b cereal lol
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Try reading 21 Day Weight Loss Kickstart instead if you're interested in a good vegan diet book. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/21-day-weight-loss-kickstart-neal-d-barnard/1100173126

No input on the book but I will definitely second the 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart. You can find them on FB as well and they have great recipes there as well.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll second that it's written by crazy vegans. It's an OK read tho. I like their approach, the 'in your face' stuff works well for me.
    I was reading it this morning. I stopped when I got to the anti-meat chapter, and ignored their rant about not drinking coffee. So, if you read it, be willing to read between the lines.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much a vegan/vegetarian based diet.

I tried that, but found the vegans a bit too stringy even when well marinated.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan (not because of the book), and I own the book, but have not read it. (I got it for free.) I know enough about the food industry for it to disturb me without reading the book. And I eat a lot of fun things! I find it offensive for the above poster to say that without any obvious knowledge of vegan foods. Let me know if you want me to direct you to some delicious vegan recipes.

Anyways...

I have heard the book is eye opening, and definitely has vegan leanings. Read it if you're interested! It will expose you to some disturbing things which people choose turn a blind eye to...
  • VeganPanda
    Options
    It started out ok and then seemed to go totally crazy. They basically want you to become a vegan and not eat anything fun ever again. Not for me.

Please do some research. I gained weight because I ate delicious vegan things.
  • amoeba15
    amoeba15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World is threatening to make me even more obese. LOL
  • corinneal
    corinneal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    borrow it from the library before you make the purchase. I agree that it is totally in your face and sometimes offensive. but it tries to force a vegan diet on you. Sorry, I like my steak. Diet part won't work for me but there are some really great points that will help you look at food differently.
  • VeganPanda
    Options

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World is threatening to make me even more obese. LOL

Hahah, yes. I got that book for Christmas and have been trying to avoid it.... but it's calling my name. :P
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Sorry, haven't read the books. However, I have some of their workout DVD's...they are okay. Still had a good workout...but it felt very low budget or something.

I wasn't overly impressed. They talk too much.