New girl

Ok so I just started a few days ago and so far I have done really good about keeping track with all my calories and my working out...I have been working out daily and I can tell I'm getting smaller and my clothes are fitting better but I still weigh the same whats up with that lol anyways hope to lose the weight I want and keep it off any tips????

Replies

• nikki_marie05
    nikki_marie05 Posts: 88 Member
    Hi there and welcome. If you are losing inches but not weight, you may be gaining muscle instead, my boyfriend has a lot of problem with this. To keep it off you have to make it a lifestyle change not a temporary change. You have to find a diet that you can live with the rest of your life, my boyfriend and I are on a low-carb-high-protien diet, and also continue to work out, maybe not every day, but enough to keep your metabolism and heart rate up. Good luck! :)

4164306.png
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Welcome! =)
    Keep logging and pondering what you are taking in, that is the magic of this, at least for me. If you are working out daily keep it up, give it a little time. It may be you gain some muscle mass. Stay the course, good luck.
  • DianeMichiko
    DianeMichiko Posts: 5 Member
    check this out...it might help explain some of what youre dealing with

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=267117393336433&set=a.256980957683410.61255.159603604087813&type=3&theater

becoming healthy shouldnt be all about your weight. I weigh myself about 4 times a year. Otherwise, I base my fit self on how my clothes fit or how I feel that day. Becoming obsessed with the lbs on your scale can lead to an extremely unhealthy lifestyle....as well as counting calories too. To anyone counting calories, if you dont know the proper amount of calories you should be taking or how to properly consume the right calories, please find someone that knows what theyre talking about to help you! dont just assume that because you want to be thin, youre going to only eat 300 calories each meal....BE SMART :)

Like Nikki_Marie05 said, youre working out, which means youre working your muscles...if you lose fat and gain muscle, its like equaling out in a sense. if you give me five cookies, then i give five cookies away, what do we have?

After I had my daughter, I was144...i focused on carido for a while and got down to 109 and i was horribly scarily skinny...like, gross like, i started my strength training and now im at about 128.

Best tip?? Ignore the scale :) I know its hard...but it can seriously drive a person nuts!

Good luck to you!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Its a battle of inches and not what the scale says :)

If you are working out with weights you are possibly burning fat and dropping water weight but gaining some muscle. Remember muscle is denser than adipose tissue so you can even possibly gain weight however muscle takes up less room than the latter thus getting "tight" and not "pudgey".

BF% and Inches > Scale