Getting compliments from Gay vs Straight Men

Options
MissVCI
MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
Whenever I get a compliment from a gay man, I love it, I take it for what it is, say thank you and feel great about myself.

But whenever I get a compliment from a straight man, I am skeptical, I assume he's saying just to get some action, and it makes me feel awkward and I blush.

Any ladies have the same problem???

Is there something wrong with me????

Straight men are your compliments just as genuine as a gay man's.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't our complements mean the same thing? If the dude wants to sleep with you, he must find you attractive.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i usually get compliments from straight guys....or at least i hope lol
    and girls don't usually approach me and i don't approach them so nono :\
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Actually compliments from a gay guy make me feel good like if a friend was telling me because they're going to be honest with me (honest meaning, they'd tell me if I did NOT look good in an outfit, shoes, etc).

Compliments from a straight guy make me blush. :blushing:

Pervy "compliments" just piss me off.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    In an odd way...

I have a gay friend and the other day he says to me "I have to tell you- I would so hit on you now because you look damn good"

I took it in the positive way it was intended.

On the other hand- SInce dropping 70+ pounds and lifting like a mad man I have been flat out propositioned by a fair amount of ladies- which is nice but I dont think the wife would give the OK on that! :wink:

But yeah- I have given compliments to other women who have lost weight and look great with no ulterior motive then positive reenforcement.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I love compliments from gay guys!! They're brutally honest so if I get a compliment from them, then I know I'm doing something right! :laugh:

When straight men give me compliments, I smile, say thank you and be on my way. I don't really think about it much.

The pervy compliments will most likely get a really sarcastic, rude, snappy remark in return lol
  • MissVCI
    Options
    Actually compliments from a gay guy make me feel good like if a friend was telling me because they're going to be honest with me (honest meaning, they'd tell me if I did NOT look good in an outfit, shoes, etc).

I love compliments from gay guys!! They're brutally honest so if I get a compliment from them, then I know I'm doing something right! :laugh:

When straight men give me compliments, I smile, say thank you and be on my way. I don't really think about it much.

The pervy compliments will most likely get a really sarcastic, rude, snappy remark in return lol

That's what it is I know the gay man is being honest, gay men are more honest than girlfriends at times.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem..

A compliment is a compliment
  • marquesajen
    Options
    They're compliments, just that. Are they people you know? Strangers? I'd just treat them the same, if it isn't obviously a come on then it is what you make of it.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I feel like, for all the nice straight guys out, this needs to be said:

I LOVE compliments from straight guys. Hardcore. Love the compliments. They're awesome.

What we don't like is pervy compliments. Those are usually just from jerks though.

So, guys, don't stop giving us compliments, just make them genuine and simple, like "Wow, you look amazing/beautiful/gorgeous". Not, "hot dang, you have a nice rack".
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options

This <3 I have a gay friend that I ADORE, and who is always straightforward and will tell me when I look hideous. LOL.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I think you're very attractive and I'm not looking for anything! My wife's a hottie, too. :)
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think I'd just be grateful to GET compliments. I am a compliment-free-zone apparently!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    For me it's just the opposite, y'know? A straight guy compliments me, I take it for what it is and say thank you, but a gay man? Oh I know that boy wants in my drawers!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    personally, i take any compliments i can get . . . . . . thats all there is to it. i dont care who they come from :)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Compliments from a straight guy make me blush. :blushing:

Pervy "compliments" just piss me off.

this! although the pervy comments from females are my favorite!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I take compliments equally from anyone. Most people don't go out of their way to something nice to other people so when they do I accept it, smile and say thank you. Any nice words from people make me happy so I don't ever question it.
  • MissVCI
    Options
    I think you're very attractive and I'm not looking for anything! My wife's a hottie, too. :)

thank you Goblin. :blushing:
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get a compliment from a gay man, I love it, I take it for what it is, say thank you and feel great about myself.

But whenever I get a compliment from a straight man, I am skeptical, I assume he's saying just to get some action, and it makes me feel awkward and I blush.

Any ladies have the same problem???

Is there something wrong with me????

Straight men are your compliments just as genuine as a gay man's.

And...you can always tell the difference.....how?
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    gay men tell the truth more. Gay men will tell you if you look like CRAP. So if one of my many gay male friends tells me my outfit is fierce, I know I'm lookin' good that day!! Yes, moreso than straight men; the gays have better attention to detail.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    A lesbian once said she liked my flannel shirt. I took it as a compliment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT82FKzw3Copx5iBuuMrvn7E4sxfVI0a1Vwla_cRXdP5gB7K5bs