fell off the wagon and down a cliff......

Options
ugh! My boyfriend and I went to our friends' house for dinner and movies last night and fell completely off the wagon.... horrible.... horrible... horrible... french fries, ice cream and candy with no regard to portion size....How do I recover? I feel like crap physically from too much sugar and I am completely disappointed in myself. I have been pretty good so far with staying in my calories and not eating junk..... I in NO WAY feel like giving up or anything I am just wondering how I should tackle today?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You should play it like any other day. Just execute your normal diet plan and normal exercise routine and trust that you probably didn't do NEARLY as much harm as you think you did.

I would be more concerned about your guilt than the food you ate.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Just start with today. Yesterday is done and over with. Can't change it. And that will happen from time to time, there are events and celebrations in life that won't line up with healthy eating that you want to participate in. Last Saturday was a train wreck from an eating point of view but I had a great day out with my wife. We need fun. Look at the week as a whole. If you can balance out the extra calories so that your entire week comes out even, then it's all fine. And if not, you do the best you can and keep moving forward.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I was horrible sunday....doing extra workouts today and tomorrow may help you. I know it did for me. I tried to double mine. I didn't feel so guilty and I still managed to lose 1/2 a pound since sunday even though I was over my calorie goal by almost 900 calories. It may not be as bad as it seems!!

Keep your head up!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, and less beating yourself up. Today is a new day.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You should play it like any other day. Just execute your normal diet plan and normal exercise routine and trust that you probably didn't do NEARLY as much harm as you think you did.

I would be more concerned about your guilt than the food you ate.

Totally agree!!! We tend to over exaggerate our "ooopps" days
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Most of us have "off" days and that's okay. Just remember how bad that you felt afterward and maybe it'll help you stay on track in the future. If you go out again, try eating something at home before you go, you might not be as tempted to eat all the junk if you are already full.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I was where you are yesterday. It happens. First step don't beat yourself up about it.

Second steps: Reset. Restart. Head down. March on.
  • motthman
    Options
    To be honest, I have been doing this for about three weeks now. I have been giving myself an off day each week. Its not like i go nuts and gorge myself, i still pay attention to portions and calorie intake. For me it makes the whole process easier. Im sure it slows me down, but this week sunday was my off day. It consumed 1000+ more calories than what i am trying to. Today, i am down yet another pound. What I am trying to say is that im my experience, an off day isn't really going to affect you that much.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement! I am going to make something positive come from yesterday... Today I will drink ONLY water and I WILL work out! These are 2 things I have been struggling with the most..... thanks again for the positive advice I appreciate it!
  • hopedangling
    Options
    Agree with everyone - just start a new day! Eat right, take a walk, don't beat yourself up if you don't make it to the gym today either...just keep going forward. : )
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, and less beating yourself up. Today is a new day.
    My thoughts exactly. Don't beat yourself up, that will send you over board again! Dust yourself off and start fresh today with a positive outlook! We're here for you!
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    Just start with today. Yesterday is done and over with. Can't change it. And that will happen from time to time, there are events and celebrations in life that won't line up with healthy eating that you want to participate in. Last Saturday was a train wreck from an eating point of view but I had a great day out with my wife. We need fun. Look at the week as a whole. If you can balance out the extra calories so that your entire week comes out even, then it's all fine. And if not, you do the best you can and keep moving forward.

I agree completely!! Don't stop because of one time or feel guilty for enjoying time off the books! Just get up and move and you'll get back on track!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. As long as you get back on track and eat heatlhy & work out. It's actually ok to have a cheat day every once in awhile.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. Get back on track and next time you start to slip think of how crappy all that food made you feel the next day. Remembering that will help you stay on track.
  • Hermanbr
    Options
    Tough patches my friend but they always work themselves out sooner or later as long as you have the right mindset and to help you on your way im going to recommend a program that worked for me - the 31 day fat loss cure and ofcourse some info about it can be found here http://finest-review.com/31-day-fat-loss-cure-review/
  • Hattiejean
    Hattiejean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my roommate and I always say...take it one meal at a time. You messed up for one meal...that doesn't mess up the rest of your week. So next meal you will do better.