Any "older" moms with younger children??

Options
Hi there all.....
I am looking for "older" mom's.... ( I am 44 ) with a 6 year old and a 3 year old..... and hoping to find some friends who are willing to share their stories of weight loss while they are raising a family and being " mature"......
Christine
aka----trimformecmb

Replies

• Boonster001
    Options
    Hi Christine -

I am 49 years old and my youngest is 14.... it is amazing to parent a child at any age, but I have noticed that with my youngest I seem to be a calmer mom and not to sweat the small stuff as much. As for trying to lose the weight - I am still fighting that battle, but am taking the first steps to get there. Being healthy for our kids is so important - we want to be there to play with them and cheer them on!! Feel free to friend me if you want - have a great day!
  • cynkatt
    Options
    I'm 37
    I have an 18yo,13yo,2yo all girls
    and our little boy is 7.5 months old
    :)
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 47 and the mother of a 13 year old.

Feel free to add me.

Karen
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I will be 38 in March and I have a 5 1/2 year old, almost 4 year old, and our youngest just turned two in January.
  • millymermaid
    Options
    I'm 42 with a ten year old. Lost 50 lbs four years ago but have gained most of it back. Looking to lose it again. Starting with a workout today.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 with a 4 year old. Although I really don't think of myself as an "older" mum I have more energy than most of the mums I know 10 years or so younger!!!!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Options
    Hello I am 38 (birthday in Oct) and have a 4 yr old son.
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine!

I "was" a really young mom (my oldest is 26 and will make me a grandma in April) and an "older" mom to a 4 year old daughter (there's a 15 year old son in between as well)--and I am 44 as well.

I do find myself more relaxed with my youngest, having gone through raising my 2 sons earlier in life.

Well--we are already friends :flowerforyou: , but thought I'd post here anyway! Hope all is going GREAT for you!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 with a 7 year old and 3 year old twins...trying to lose 81 lbs. and I'm 10 lbs. down. Feel free to add me!!!
  • cwunderlich
    cwunderlich Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 46 with three boys, 14, 12 and almost 8.....I work full time days, and my husband works nights.......I run the boys to Tae Kwon Do 4 nights a week, and am now working out when they are in class....it's hard to find me time, but I have lost almost 20 lbs...
    feel free to add me!!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, with 2 boys and a girl ages 11, 7 and 6. Feel free to add me!
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    I'm 37 with a 51/2 year old boy. Add me if you like!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do I count??? I am 61 and my youngest child is 18.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do i count? I will 38 Monday (ugh) and I have Irish twins 5 &4 and a 9 month old!
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Not sure exactly what you mean by "older" mom with "younger" children...lol...but, here's my story...I am a stay at home 41 year old mom, with 5 children...only 3 left at home...my youngest two are 10 and 11. I home school them. Its a challenge to do all that I do for everyone else and still make time for me. However, since starting MFP in August I have learned that I am important too....and some things I just HAVE to do for myself :) Feel free to send me a friend request if you want. I will be glad to try and share my up/downs with you...and be an encouragement also....Good Luck in your journey!!

W
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and my son turned 8 this past weekend.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 (ugh I hate saying that number). I have 10, 7, & 5 year old boys & a 3 year old girl. I sometimes think I was out of my mind, but love my littles & wouldn't change a thing.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i'm 37 with a 21 yo step son that i love as my own, a 16 yo girl and a 6 yo boy feel free to add me if you so choose :laugh:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi, 40 here with a 10 month old. Feel free to add me.
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 next Thursday and I have 2 girls ages 5 and 3. There are days when I FEEL like an 'older' mom and days when I feel much younger. MFP has definitely helped with my energy level. I've lost 29 pounds since last September and I feel great! Feel free to friend me:)