I have food poisoning today :(

Options
I just crawled out of bed for the first time since early morning that I wasn't headed to the bathroom.
I ate at a hot food bar in a very healthy grocery store last night and I am sicker than sick today. Just thought I would share and get some comfort from my friends. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    I just crawled out of bed for the first time since early morning that I wasn't headed to the bathroom.
    I ate at a hot food bar in a very healthy grocery store last night and I am sicker than sick today. Just thought I would share and get some comfort from my friends. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    get well soon..it may be the change of food as well if your not used to eating there...i had ribs today and my tummy is horrid...im learning slowly what I can not eat
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awww, that's miserable. I hate food poisoning. Hope it wasn't horrifically rough - and hope you get over it today! Take it easy with exercise and eating today and tomorrow!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Poor Thing! :noway:

I learned my lesson at a Kroger Salad Bar once.

I got my salad, got back to work, sifted through all the veggies I got and foung a hair and a dead fly. :angry:

Never again!!!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    You would be doing them a favor to contact the manager, tell them what you ate and the results. IF it was hot food, there is a good chance they have a temperature problem. If food drops below a certain temperature, it can still be warm, but be a breeding ground for germs that can make you sick.

If they don't act concerned, contact the local department that does restaurant inspections, usually the Health Department, and let them know of your experience.

Maybe you can save someone else from what you went through. I hope you feel better soon.

My experience with food poisoning was having bad shrimp during a vacation. Unfortunately, I ate shrimp for lunch on the way out of town to go camping in the Central Oregon Cascade mountains. I found the perfect campsite about 50 feet from a lake with a view of a nearby mountain. Just started my BBQ & all the sudden, instant sickness. I

had a horrible night in my tent. Neighboring campers helped me pack up my gear the next morning, and my camping trip consisted of two nights in a motel until I was well enough to drive the 180 miles home. It was an unforgettable vacation, but for all the wrong reasons.:grumble: