sore muscles? more exercise

Options
i did my first lot of strength training on tuesday. it is now thurs and my muscles are still sore. i have already had one rest day so should i be exercising today regardless and pushing through it? i usually run for my exercise, what intensity would you recommend today? thanks for ur help

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, one thing that I have found to help my sore muscles is upping my protein, try that. I usually have a protien shake for breakfast and after a workout.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i say you should get back in there and work hard!!
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    i did my first lot of strength training on tuesday. it is now thurs and my muscles are still sore. i have already had one rest day so should i be exercising today regardless and pushing through it? i usually run for my exercise, what intensity would you recommend today? thanks for ur help

I have always been told to worrkout even if your muscles are sore. It is actually supposed to be good for sore muscles. Sometimes my legs are very sore from my circuits and I do intervals the very next day.
  • monharri
    Options
    warm baths and epsom salt have been my lifesaver and i do strength training 2-3 times a week. you can also try giving yourself a massage, like really punching into those muscles to loosen them up! :0) of course, you can get a professional one, but that might not be feasible to do after every workout. also, sitting in the sauna helps my soreness. i sit in there for about 10-15 min after a rough workout and it immediately relaxes my body. hope this helps!

keep pushing on through.
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    great tips thankyou. i dont have protein shakes here so i will try uping protein through food.

sounds like i should gym today then. no pain no gain right?

warm bath with epsom salt sounds so relaxing, i might have to incorporate this into my weekly routine