I AM SO UPSET!!!

Options
My sister inlaw,Came over today.....She has not sean me in 3 months,She says hay you look like you lost a lot of weight.She ask me if,I was taking diet pills ,can you beleave it.I WORK OUT SO HARD TO GET TO WHERE,I AM!!!It really hurt me ,That she would say that,Well,,,I don,t care,I know how,I lost it!!!By work hard!!!!

Replies

• rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My sister inlaw,Came over today.....She has not sean me in 3 months,She says hay you look like you lost a lot of weight.She ask me if,I was taking diet pills ,can you beleave it.I WORK OUT SO HARD TO GET TO WHERE,I AM!!!It really hurt me ,That she would say that,Well,,,I don,t care,I know how,I lost it!!!By work hard!!!!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    People are stupid, just ignore it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    use that angry energy in a positve way SLAP HER!!!

no...just kidding

it was actually a compliment

enjoy the new you:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    families are what they are hun!! I get it too.....
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 50 lbs & I get this a LOT. People act nearly offended when I tell them that I lost it by diet & exercise. :indifferent: Shocking, no? *eye roll*
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    u should have said "yes" and passed her a paper with the pills name on them "Xcercise" I wonder how long it would take her to catch on..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    u should have said "yes" and passed her a paper with the pills name on them "Xcercise" I wonder how long it would take her to catch on..

good one:laugh:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!!You are all wonderful:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    that wouldn't upset me- Most people look for the easy way out and are just looking for quick fixes to weight loss- So I am sure they ask everyone that loses weight about diet pills because diet pills are easier then the hard work of working out and eating right--

Just look at it that way
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    She's trying to find an easy way for herself to do the same thing. I would take this as a huge compliment because she is obviously jealous.
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    I would not take offense to it at all. I exercise in one form or another for 4-5 hours a day, 7 days a week. I also take herbal diet pills. Yeah the hard work you put in would like to be appreciated, but anyone that works out with me will see it is not just the pills. Have her work out with you one day and she will see the true grit of losing weight. It is a total system, not just a miracle pill.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I can see why it hurt because you did work so hard....but most people don't want to believe the only real way to get the weight off and keep it off is diet and exercise....so when they see someone who has lost weight, they can only hope it's some magic pill that they can use too.
  • littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I ran into that today too at church. It's finally starting to show that I'm losing and everyone keeps asking, "What are you doing?" They all expect there to be some miracle cure...it's not, just eating less, moving more! Everyone wants the quick fix, finding a pill that will substitute for hard work, but there is none! Great job, feel good about doing it the right and healthy way!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    aww, don't let that bother you. I had someone ask me that the other day and I told them no that I am doing it the old fashioned way with diet and exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • SaritaChiquita
    SaritaChiquita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get something similar at work .

I'm a cook at a restaurant that gives the staff a free meal when they work a shift. However, I always bring my lunch (something healthy). Everyone always asks "What SPECIAL diet are you on?"

It seems to me that there are so many "fad" diets and "lose weight quick" schemes out there, that the general populace has forgotten about normal diet and exercise!

Just my two cents :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    that wouldn't upset me- Most people look for the easy way out and are just looking for quick fixes to weight loss- So I am sure they ask everyone that loses weight about diet pills because diet pills are easier then the hard work of working out and eating right--

Just look at it that way

My thoughts exactly. Heck, before we started what we are doing now, most of us tried some of those quick fixes. :noway: :blushing:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Be proud of what a strong person you are. Apparently, she thinks that losing weight takes a pill. But you have proven that you're stronger than that and have been able to do it through will power. That's awesome.
  • martys
    martys Posts: 2
    Options
    Is she over weight? People ASSUME others take the easy way. Remember you are doing this for yourself. Keep your head up, you are doing the right thing.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Don't be upset darling! People are noticing and I'm sure you look and feel great!

I have been watching what I've been eating and going to the gym.. My Mom swears that it's the Whey Protein shakes I take in the morning and after workouts. I'm unsure how many times I've told her "Nope, it's not a diet shake" but it doesn't matter. Somtimes people are just jealous, don't know what else to say.

Keep up the good work!u
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I've lost about 50 lbs & I get this a LOT. People act nearly offended when I tell them that I lost it by diet & exercise. :indifferent: Shocking, no? *eye roll*

I get that all the time... People ask "How much weight have you lost now?" I say "85 lbs" they say "85 lbs in 6 months?! how did you do it?". I say."...well I eat less and excercise." This is usually followed by an annoyed look or a aggrivated sigh."
    Well excuse me. lol
    :drinker: